Caught my daughter watching HUSHIN

Gosh i feel terrible. I musta have started the fad of tucking my ears in. I’ve been getting made fun of since kindergarten and now it catches on?

ya know, the first time i saw the ear tucking thing, I had to try it myself. I think I have the wrong hat for such things. Also, holy F#$%ing annoying and it lasted maybe seconds. My second favorite past time when elk hunting is calling in flat brim elk. New species, not as big, usually about 5'6" 140 lbs.

Also, make sure you ground that girl from the internet for at least 10 years. But if it was the bowmars, I say put her out to pasture, its over.

Guys, guys...GUYS! This was supposed to be a funny hate-on-hushin thread. Leave Meateater out of it, lol. Seriously though, I feel like our expectations for Meateater are extremely high and we are too critical, myself included. The time when we all wanted to have Steve's baby is past, but I think some of it is that they are struggling to find new and interesting content. The corporate-ness of it shows as well, but I can't blame them for monetizing their hard work. I still don't know of better spokesmen for hunting/fishing/trapping (Randy notwithstanding).

The things that drew me to the show initially were hunting in interesting locations, doing it DIY in really difficult/unconventional ways, and showing unsuccessful hunts.

Those aspects made it interesting and authentic. Current seasons are a bunch of private land Texas crap, with 100% odds, no planning and absolutely not DIY. Steve went from planning cool hunts to managing a company and worrying about personal appearances and podcasts. Everyone has to grow up and get a job at some point, but the content as suffered because of it.

Steven and Jani freely admit that this is basically the case, they've said on the podcast numerous times they don't find spots or plan hunts anymore.

The only hunting content that I watch now is Marcus and Kara's FT episodes. Rinella lost the hunger to do interesting/hard DIY stuff, Marcus and Kara still have it.

Those aspects made it interesting and authentic. Current seasons are a bunch of private land Texas crap, with 100% odds, no planning and absolutely not DIY. Steve went from planning cool hunts to managing a company and worrying about personal appearances and podcasts. Everyone has to grow up and get a job at some point, but the content as suffered because of it.
I'd like to think it's an elaborate scheme to get all those Texans that moved to Montana to go back

#AustinisthenewBozeman

I'd like to think it's an elaborate scheme to get all those Texans that moved to Montana to go back

#AustinisthenewBozeman
Bruh I know I know elk… but Nigali. And like they are super hard hunts you might hunt like 1/2 maybe a full day with 100% odds… so basically like OTC elk in MT.

Oh and dall sheep… basically like a mini Alaska range in Texas.

Steven and Jani freely admit that this is basically the case, they've said on the podcast numerous times they don't find spots or plan hunts anymore.
On this latest set of episodes I’d initially thought “Wow, how’d two fellas manage to both draw elk tags in that very limited NM unit?” Then the landowner tags for sale thing clicked.

On this latest set of episodes I’d initially thought “Wow, how’d two fellas manage to both draw elk tags in that very limited NM unit?” Then the landowner tags for sale thing clicked.
Right, and they had zero issue telling you right where they were hunting. They single handedly caused region G tags in Wyoming to jump by 2 points after they start the show "Were hunting Region G in southwest Wyoming"

I love this place. I'm getting such an education! I had no idea what or who Hushin was. I see it's another privelaged pimped up outdoor show. I thank everyone for furthering my education.

Right, and they had zero issue telling you right where they were hunting. They single handedly caused region G tags in Wyoming to jump by 2 points after they start the show "Were hunting Region G in southwest Wyoming"
Randy has been way worse than Meateater about this. Blatantly saying multiple elk units in Wyoming where they hunted, elk units in Montana, antelope units in Wyoming, and others has been tough to swallow after “I will never say where we hunt out of respect to resident hunters.” Yeah right.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back