Cattle rules wildlife

I have cattle on my land. I have elk on my land. Last year a I shot my elk as my cows watched it. Probably had elk watch me butcher my cow.

Have lots of pics with them together on my cameras. Wat to mach hub bub about this.
There is hub bub about this - people are waking up to the "stockgrower" associations do their best to advocate for minimization of wildlife populations and maximization of their subsidies.

I understand the economics of cattle grazing. I worked for the blm for 10 yrs. Was just curious about some people's opinions of it.

Opinion of cattle grazing on public lands? When it’s done properly it’s beneficial to both wildlife and the ranchers who run the cattle. Done poorly, it’s can be a detriment to local wildlife populations and the land.

Overall takeaway I have is that I would rather the ranchers who depend on public grazing in some form stay in business as ranchers rather than sell to developers and have their home ranches turned into ranchettes with lots of houses.

Opinion of cattle grazing on public lands? When it’s done properly it’s beneficial to both wildlife and the ranchers who run the cattle. Done poorly, it’s can be a detriment to local wildlife populations and the land.

Overall takeaway I have is that I would rather the ranchers who depend on public grazing in some form stay in business as ranchers rather than sell to developers and have their home ranches turned into ranchettes with lots of houses.
Amen to this, watched the grandparents neighbors sell off a big ranch, now it’s 20-40 acre ranchettes, deer and elk seem to mind that more than the cattle that used to roam there

What about cattle or livestock grazing and the elk numbers, qouta in a unit.

Pretty sure wildlife populations are factored into grazing plans and public leases. There’s plenty of folks on here who would have a lot more info on that than I.

You can chase the blame around but at the end of the day there is too much pressure on the resource. Not just hunting. Wildlife and cattle have coexisted for a long time. Things don’t look so good when you subdivide that land. You choose to blame cattle, I choose to blame fwp, influencers, and do nothing sportsman groups that will advocate to shoot the last one. In the end wildlife lose. We are watching it in real time.

Iam not blaming anyone. Do what is best for the herd. Manage the public land. Manage the wildlife

Iam not blaming anyone. Do what is best for the herd. Manage the public land. Manage the wildlife
Well your opportunity is going to decrease for that to happen. Are you ok with that?

My opinion actually manage the wildlife. Hunters will kill everything. Private will profit as much as they can. Hell if I owned a mountain I would too. But it actually has to be managed. Which it is not

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back