MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Catching fish in the new boat

S13tsilvia

Well the weather gods were better to me this weekend and in the morning had a session with fishing pro on using the new boat properly which was great. Showed me some things I never new and was great. He is a keen hunter as well which was good to find out.

Shot out to 18 meters to give the boat a run before the wife and kids came down, got upto 50kph and she was singing along nicely with a bit more left in her.

Didn't sound any arches to just threw 2 rods out to try for a flathead while waiting and just as the wife called to say they were nearby i hooked into a keeper.

Roared back to the ramp and picked everyone up and then panic stations.....

Bit bumpy for the boys (3.5 and nearly 5) and they freaked out.. first time in a tinny and the noise and bumps got them going... crying wanting to go back etc. your going too fast etc. So had to slow her up. Decided to just anchor where we were around 12m and chase flatties.

Dropped anchor through out some whiting snatchers with some squid and some berly and waiting. Boys calmed down after about 15mins and then the bites started and we pulled in flatties non stop until we pulled the pin a couple hours later. All thoughts of wanting to go home disappeared once they got to reeling the fish in.
:)

We kept a small feed as most were just under size and had a great day out.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1607834956228.jpg
    FB_IMG_1607834956228.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 12
  • FB_IMG_1607834914960.jpg
    FB_IMG_1607834914960.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 12
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members