Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Catch and release duck fishing?

Delw

Took the kids out fishing today, was hotter than heck out there Over 105º.. Kids had a blast as usual.. I caught some pretty nice fish one over 6lbs... and My daughter decided to try her duck hunting skills out....
Being the kid she is she decided to try to catch a duck with her pole on the second match of mallards she perfected her cast... Got A nice green head, put up a heck of a fight also. after being hook it took off for a flight that lasted about 5 mins and about 20 feet high. then after it figured out it couldnt fly away it tried to swim away. nope that didnt work either so it decided to dive but to no avail... after a very trying fight( for the duck) we got it to the boat,as you guessed didnt need a net for this one it hopped right into the boat.. we got the hook out and released it( I think people where in aw that it was a duck and not a flying fish)..
She wants to try a goose this winter, lol

Delw

HEEEE heeee dewl that kids going to keep you on your toes for a long time. Just be careful that she does not see a badger or gator in the water. I once landed a beaver while walleye fishing and my partner cut the line when I got it to the side of the boat. olefish

Gator fishing is a blast!!!!!!! Best thing for bait is you troll a rottweiler and use 250lb test :D :D Seriously tho have caught a few small gators fishing the canals around lake Okeechobee, man them lil guys are meaner than the big ones.
Chris

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back