Caribou Gear

Cat Hunting

Grizzley

Any pointers for a first time Kitty hunter? ND has a quota on mountain lions that usually fills within within three months. I am looking for something to read, someone willing to share some tricks of the trade. I have never hunted cats before and am looking for someone to point me in the right direction.

Thanks!

Dogs are the only way to go and you might wanna check CO and MT under the RESOURCES flag because I hear they have decent quotas. Its not much help but it is something i guess...

Grizzley,

I was not aware consulting the Hunttalk experts was part of the deal. That may may nullify our bet.;)

Find a houndsman... or...if you have time, get out after a good fresh snowfall and find some fresh tracks and start walking them... might take a while, might only be a couple hundred yards...you just never know....

After a reasonable snow, find a fresh track and start following. Keep a good eye out with binoculars and watch at least 1/4 mile ahead of yourself. Then, when the cat comes up behind you, don't run. Just stare at him until he climbs a tree and then shoot him. OR....find someone with hounds and hire them to run the cat.

Back