Casper WY Relocation

i'm sorry guys, but i just did like 3 minutes of googling and almost none of the lists puts any wyoming city in the top 10 windiest cities... maybe like one list had cheyenne and casper in the top ten.

i'm sorry guys, but i just did like 3 minutes of googling and almost none of the lists puts any wyoming city in the top 10 windiest cities... maybe like one list had cheyenne and casper in the top ten.

Those lists are crap. One had Dedham, Massachusetts near the top with average winds of 15mph. Look at the meteorological data. Dedham's average wind speed is under 10mph in January, it's windiest month.

Go here for breakfast you won't be disappointed
Sherries Place

Those lists are crap. One had Dedham, Massachusetts near the top with average winds of 15mph. Look at the meteorological data. Dedham's average wind speed is under 10mph in January, it's windiest month.

You trying to tell me treehugger.com isn’t legit?

Casper's pretty windy, like most places here. But at least it ain't Clark! When it blows in Clark, it frickin blows. Seems like every year they've got days with gusts from 110-130. 128 in April of this year.

Caspers surrounded by public lands. You can hunt and fish practically everything a person can hunt and fish in Wyoming within 100 miles of there if you can draw a tag.

I've been in Casper since 1st grade and that's a long time ago. It's definitely not the same town it was 30 years ago, but I have too many ties here with family and property to think about leaving. I also like the central location in Wyoming as far as hunting goes. Two straight weeks of winter wind will test your perseverance for sure.

It beats living in Laramie. Too liberal, too windy and way too cold for way too long. WY has some good hunting but I couldn’t wait to get out of that ice box after working up there for 4 years.

Hands down, best meth in Wyoming.
No Rawlins is the meth capitol of WY.

But Casper is in the discussion, I am from there and I can't think of any reason I would move back. The only reason I go there now is for the Schlotskys at hat 6 when I pass through.

It might be small, but Midwest/Edgerton is the roughest place I've ever seen in Wyoming. Hands down.

It beats living in Laramie. Too liberal, too windy and way too cold for way too long. WY has some good hunting but I couldn’t wait to get out of that ice box after working up there for 4 years.
Don't take this personally, but for some reason the first thing that came to mind when I read your comment is the signs at the entrance to the War and AA. Welcome to 7220. How's your oxygen?

Part of the identity of Laramie, to me, is tied to being unwelcoming to outsiders. So even though I love Laramie and miss living there, I can't even really disagree with you, at least on two of the 3 points.

Casper went to sh*t the day I moved here. I'm putting on a BHA meeting on 08/24 at Blacktooth Brewing downtown. Should come check it out!

Anyone who is doubting Casper being windy, Laramie too, is a darn fool.

I got a job in Casper straight out of college. I liked it and planned to live there longer until the company I work for had an opening back home in Montana that I would have been stupid to pass up. Fishing was good, elk hunting was great when I had a tag, and I had way less competition out shed hunting than I do now.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back