Yeti GOBOX Collection

Can’t Go Against the Weather

JV842

6B77D720-C08C-455A-8E9C-1219B2DF3559.jpeg6C022B4A-7F36-41A1-BE66-538AECB7B7CE.jpeg
Went down to the Corpus Christi area Tuesday. Went out to catch bait on Tuesday for offshore Wednesday. Caught ladyfish n pin perch but also got a good mess of sand trout, mangrove n gray snapper, n sheepshead while doing so; ended up having to go get more shrimp after the first 2 hours. Caught an ice chest full.
Wednesday morning went out to hit th close rigs off of Padre Island. Weather was changing but still doable. Tied up on a rig, caught a nice cobia almost immediately 3 more came up w him; 1 well over 50”, couldn’t get a bait in for him before he went back down. The one I landed was right at 40” but that’s the low limit n figured it would be no problem to get more so let him go.
shark rod went off while releasing the cobia, we fought him for around 15 min n the hook pulled; don’t know how, but things happen.Went back to tie back up on the rig but by then the weather had changed. 3 to 4 footers w not much time between swells. We were only in my buds 21’ inshore boat so took the best option n headed back to the launch.
Had a great overall trip n got some good chow. Made some ceviche when I got back home yesterday

Nice haul, too bad about the shark rod, those can be a rodeo. I was down on PINS these past two days and had some luck. A couple slot reds and blacktips along with plenty of whiting. The tides been real high with Sally and now this new storm in the gulf, probably wont be headed out for a while.

Nice haul, too bad about the shark rod, those can be a rodeo. I was down on PINS these past two days and had some luck. A couple slot reds and blacktips along with plenty of whiting. The tides been real high with Sally and now this new storm in the gulf, probably wont be headed out for a while.
No doubt on the high tides!!! U damn near have to wade in the bait shop at Ingleside!!! The floor bass an inch of water on it

No rodeo on the shark, everything calm n under control, untied from the rig, followed him, let him take when he wanted, n took what he gave. The hook just pulled, Just one of those things, didn’t even take a sip on my beer so I wouldn’t give him any slack. When the line went slack I thought I may have tied a crap knot n it came undone, but everything was still there, hook just worked it’s way out

If u have a boat or kayak, the demagnetizer in Ingleside by the Bay, is on Fire for mangroves this year, just tie up to it n pitch live shrimp rt along the pilings. The pic was before we went to go get the second quart of shrimp. Filled up that ice chest w em.
They may not be as “glamorous” as a speck or red but I think they eat MUCH better than both

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shed God
Back