Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Cant ask for a better day..

Nick87

Headed up to my cousins farm for wisconsins youth season with my oldest friday night. He had decided he wasn't shooting unless it was a buck with 6 points or more. Which I was surprised at because he has only killed one other deer which was a doe. Anyhow first morning we saw nothing, helped out with some field work for a few hours then back to the woods. I was starting to second guess my decision on where to setup as we only saw a few other deer too far for a shot with only two days to get this done. About 8 minutes before shooting light ended this guy stepped out at about 120 yards turned slightly quartered to and started making a scrape. I told him that's your shot right there and to tuck his shot a little into the shoulder. It felt like it took an hour for him to pull the trigger Haha. When he did that buck dropped like a sack of potatoes. I think I may have been shaking worse than him. Such a great day as a parent. Couldnt have asked for a better day which was also my middle boys 2nd birthday so we will never forget what day it happened! Hes still not sure if he wants to do a shoulder mount or not. At 12 years old I sure would have, he says he might save that for a bigger one lol. Proud day for him, even prouder day as a parent.20201010_184820.jpg20201010_184756.jpg

Last edited:
Nice deer! Congratulations to your son! The part about it taking forever for him to shoot cracked me up. I remember putting my own dad through that.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back