Cancel 2003 Texas Hunt?

Calif. Hunter

It seems like there is not too much interest in a Texas hunt next Spring. The April 26th date conflicts with Spring bear or turkey hunts for a lot of people. If you are interested, speak now or hold your peace. If no one speaks up, we will just cancel the hunt as a group activity. Those who want to go, still can of course. TNCTCB (Tim) sounded like he wanted to go and bring his son, and Danr sounded like he wanted to go.

Should we go ahead and try to book a January or February hunt for 2004? If interested in that, would you be willing to send a $50 deposit in now or in the near future? We could try to do it around a three-day weekend, to make it easier to make the trip, but we have to reserve the date soon.

Its still on, the group is not as big as last year. We may get a few more after regular hunting seasons this fall end and people think about what is next. At some point if we don't fill it up, Thompson will fill up the ranch with other hunters. We don't need to cancel.

Why next Jan. or Feb., I thought most wanted March earlier when asked?

There's my 2 cents.

Tim(tnctcb) said he is going for sure even if he has to go with just tom.. He is going to take his son....

well thats what he said last week when we was talking about it....

I havent talked to him in 5 days now, he is on the road, when I talk to him I will post his response here
Delw

well i could fly to texas, then from texas to montana to catch up with bear hunting group....to idaho...hum...dont know if I will have enough money to do all that.

I did get a call today that my 2 rams are done being mounted and are headed this way...

I talked to Tim a week or so ago, and agreed with him that it would be a great hunt for a kid. I told him that I thought it might be better without all of us degenerates along to pollute the poor kid's mind.... ;)

What month works best for most of you, so we can plan better for 2004? (Like make reservations now to be sure we get the weekend we want.)

I wanted to do the Texas hunt this spring but it does interfere with turkey and since I am going to Canada in June it would be too much this time either way. I am interested in going 2004. March would be cool. I always do javelina and archery deer in january and I am sure thats the case with alot of AZ guys.

I am not going to be able to do the Spring hunt this year.The wife is heading to Reno in the Spring with some friends so it is her turn to go have fun this year.Also Turkey season was way too fun last year to miss.So maybe catch the next one maybe ;)

GOHUNT Insider

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back