PEAX Equipment

Canadian guy new to NW Montana

mtn baldy

Hey guys, I'm a 29-year-old guy who just moved to Kalispell about a year ago from Edmonton, and has jumped into the outdoor lifestyle with both feet.

Spent the vast majority of the last year fishing, but recently picked up my rifle and shotgun and want to get into hunting this season.

Looking to fill that freezer and learn from you!

DM me if you live in the flathead valley and are looking for someone to help you haul meat 👍

Welcome to the Flathead. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family has. Whitetail deer are bread-and-butter here. Thankfully, there are millions of acres of Forest Service and timber land to roam and generous seasons. Focus on streamside areas and recovering logging units. Be prepared to walk and wait. A game cart and/or sled is a worthy investment; Hunting grouse in September is a great way to scout for whitetails in November. Please consider joining Flathead Wildlife Inc., Flathead Land Trust, Montana Land Reliance, MT chapter of BHA, or another local conservation group that fits your values!

Welcome to the Flathead. I hope you enjoy it as much as my family has. Whitetail deer are bread-and-butter here. Thankfully, there are millions of acres of Forest Service and timber land to roam and generous seasons. Focus on streamside areas and recovering logging units. Be prepared to walk and wait. A game cart and/or sled is a worthy investment; Hunting grouse in September is a great way to scout for whitetails in November. Please consider joining Flathead Wildlife Inc., Flathead Land Trust, Montana Land Reliance, MT chapter of BHA, or another local conservation group that fits your values!
Appreciate the tips — already found a few solid spots that I'm planning on hitting this year near Stillwater Lake. I'll definitely check out those orgs as I want to get involved with the local community. Thanks again!

Welcome to HT. Deer are plenty. Even the more interesting Mountain residing Whitetail. Elk? You need to work for them. Bob is a challenge though I love challenges. More about the adventure and if something down, the objective to adequately get it out quick enough due to heat. The Bob can flip on a dime weather wise and full of experiences! Suggest backpacking / fishing pre hunt to learn your area(s) of interest.
As for other areas...

Welcome! The area also has amazing mountain biking and skiing/snowboarding.

Welcome! You live in a great place to become immersed in top notch hunting/fishing!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back