Canada Moose Hunt

Elkwhisper

Some of you guys may recall me posting back in December or January a thread asking what you would do if you had $10K or so to burn on a hunt. I won an award at work and the boss offered to take me on whatever hunt I wanted within that budget. I ended up booking a hunt in Northern British Columbia with Scoop Lake Outfitters for moose.

Well, I just got back on Sunday night, and the boss and I had a great time. This was my first ever guided hunt, and to tell you the truth I definitley prefer the DIY route. I didn't get nearly as excited for this hunt as I normally do planning, and excecuting my own adventures. That said, it was pretty nice to have a guide, cook, wrangler etc.... to take care of the dirty work. Scoop Lake is a first class outfit, with great equipment, great facilities and great guides. I passed on my bull on the second day of the hunt but ended up taking him later on anyway.... we just didn't see any of the real big ones the area is know for. He ended up being just shy of 45" wide but he has a very cool drop tine on the left side.

I am actually pretty happy with the bull I took, but when we got back to base camp there were several larger bulls in the skinning shed, including a couple that will go very high in B&C..... so I definitley didn't take the biggest one in the woods, just the biggest one I saw.

Now I am looking forward to getting out here at home to fill my elk tag before the archery season slips away on me.

Elkwhisper

Attachments

• BCMoose4sized.JPG
    BCMoose4sized.JPG
    194.1 KB · Views: 1,378
  • BCMooseDanandCraigsized.JPG
    BCMooseDanandCraigsized.JPG
    170.2 KB · Views: 1,369
Really good bull. Really great boss. Damn, I hope none of my employees look at this site.

Congrats!

You said you had 10k spend, What did this hunt run?? I want to do a moose hunt real soon and am shopping

Hey have an idea. Since Big Fin is a famous movie star now maybe he would want to take a few members from the Forum on an all expense paid Moose Hunt thanking us for our support.....lol

That is a great Moose, congrats - and I know none of my employees belong to this Forum, thank god!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back