MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Camp Strove Advice

WyoDoug

I recently bought a 8x12 Ozark Trail North Fork wall tent (that I got to pay for at hunting time that is) and looking at advice. I am looking at Camp Chef models mostly but what do you all recommend. Looking for one with damper and air vent you can set and slow the burn obviously. I do not care for a water tank that some have.

I have a fire proof mat I am putting under it, but another question is what accessories for camp stoves do you consider must have other than the coffee pot????

I recently bought a 8x12 Ozark Trail North Fork wall tent (that I got to pay for at hunting time that is) and looking at advice. I am looking at Camp Chef models mostly but what do you all recommend. Looking for one with damper and air vent you can set and slow the burn obviously. I do not care for a water tank that some have.

I have a fire proof mat I am putting under it, but another question is what accessories for camp stoves do you consider must have other than the coffee pot????
Check out Gstove of Norway. Incredible quality, reasonably priced and it and the pipe will last you a lifetime. They are nearly airtight. I believe that they now have a dealer here in the US. Cylinder stoves (the original) are also well-made. You won't need a huge stove to heat your 8x12 tent.

I would bet you could get away with a big buddy heater in a 8x12. We used it in our hunting shack and it had to be turned down after 10 min. That was 8x14.

I think it is wise to not do the water tank. if it goes dry the rubber seal on the spigot warps and deforms and youhave a leaky vessel on your hands.

Knico makes a good stove. Damper in the stove pipe and vent on the door. I think the Packer size would do well for you.

If you feel like spending more $$ look at Four Dogs

I do like the Sherpa Accessory for camp cooking gear from CC..I'm not familiar with their wood stoves though...

Warming shelf on the side gives you more room and flexibility. especially on compact stoves.

Don't forget a good cot. That's the best part of a wall tent. Being able to stand and sit.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back