Yeti GOBOX Collection

Camofire is dead to me

sacountry

Camofire has long been a place where hunters go to find "deals". I've used it a lot in my past. Recently a hunting buddy ordered 2 4G enabled game cams on special from Camofire. They were sold as new. He's finally getting around to installing them and discovers that they look like "open box" stock....no instructions, no retail packaging, etc. Frustrated he thinks he's been sold "refurbed" units, but he has his wife take them to the local verizon store to be activated. VZW tells her that one is flat out broken and that the other has a SIM jammed into the SIM slot. So these units aren't "refurbs", but rather heavily and harshly "used". Another buddy ordered a pair of headlamps, for which he was charged, but never arrived.

Needless to say, camofire is off my favorites bar on my browser.

Last edited:
I've always had very good dealings with Camofire. The few times I've heard of others having any issues, they simply contacted them and they made it right. The only thing I think they have a strict "no returns" policy on is underwear! LOL.

Camofire has been good for me. 'Purchased both my favorite Kennetrek boots and my favorite MR Metcalf pack from them at really good prices. Other items have also been good.
I even called once to inquire about an item no longer shown and they found it and sold it to me at the bargain price. I have never had a problem with them.

Ive never had an issue with them. I did get an item that didn't work. I contacted CS and returned the item for a refund.

I've found things (specifically prices on discontinued items) hit and miss with Camofire deals. Never had anything really bad like you've mentioned. Bummer deal. Wonder what their customer service would have to say especially with obvious abused products?
This was my biggest thing after watching them for a while. It's almost like Groupon which at first seemed to actually offer discounts but now seems to be priced basically the same as other with an artificially inflated "original" price.

This was my biggest thing after watching them for a while. It's almost like Groupon which at first seemed to actually offer discounts but now seems to be priced basically the same as other with an artificially inflated "original" price.
I've also found this same thing to be true. The deals on some, not all, stuff can be found at the same price with a basic Google or Amazon search.

Contact them, I've had good results when I've had to contact them about issues. I haven't bought from them in awhile, so maybe they're not what they used to be. Like any online retailer, you need to know what the actual price is to know if it's worth getting excited about.

That would be the first thing to do and see if they make it right. If not, THEN maybe go on a hunting forum and bitch about what happened to somebody else.
Fair....but this isn't a situation where they sent the wrong size or something trivial. This was blatant misrepresentation of a product.

Well some deals are to good to true. I’ve bought a couple things from them even put the sticker on my beer fridge. It seems something may have slipped underneath radar.

Could be the old Walmart switcheru. Someone might have bought a couple new trail cameras, same model as their old ones. Switched them out, and sent them back in the box saying they changed their mind. Still no excuse for Camofire not checking returns, but possible.

I bought something one time from Camofire a few years ago. But because of a call from the card company I contacted customer support with an email. Crickets. And then I started to realize that the "deals" weren't as great of deal as they seemed. So I don't use it anymore. Don't get me wrong, it used to be better discounts I felt. My purchase was some C4E merino and I feel I got a deal. I mean black Friday used to be really tempting each year. The last few I felt it was eh.

It has become somewhat more difficult to recognize value. With coupons, codes, jacked retail with redline discount visuals, it's easier to bite. Most of my online purchases are with a card that has proven to be an effective arbiter of goods or services dispute in my favor. The last camofire purchase for me was a pair of insulated Zamberlin mountain boots that fit perfectly and were a steal.

Last edited:
I look for the OnX subscription deal on camofire every year. Helps to get that for $18

This. I get the 50 state version for $60. I just picked it up on the burn for free shipping.

Agreed that some deals aren’t that great...but others are. No tax is a bonus.

All my dealings have been positive, but I don’t get that much there.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back