Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Camo vs Solids

....It always seemed a little weird during rifle season to be all decked-out in my best camo & then top it off with an orange vest and cap. I'm full camo if hunting turkey, ducks w/o a blind or bowhunting.

Lol, that's the truth. My home state does allow camo orange which I think helps break u up a little bit. So I use that.

I mix solids and camos otherwise.

Some camo with some earth tone solids. Usually a camo top with brownish pant. The pants end up getting used for more than just hunting. I do own a bunch of camo, but do not have a full head to toe "outfit" of the same pattern/brand.

I rarely wear camo except for when I’m duck hunting or coyote hunting in winter. I usually hunt in blue jeans and a sweatshirt or a carhart jacket and bibs in the winter. But that’s because I bowhunt and turkey hunt from a ground blind, and hunt geese from a layout blind, so camo doesn’t matter at that point.

Does not matter at all unless it's an animal with good eyesight and will have a good view of your lower half - which is uncommon in nearly all of the hunting I do. I buy what's on sale. If you do wear top and bottom camo do a completely different pattern for each to break up human outline. That might look silly on a hunting tv show but that's not a consideration for most of us.

I wear camo tops usually. Solid bottoms because I can get green or grey nylon pants cheaper than good camo pants (not cotton). Sometimes I wear my grey wool base layers though on top.

I am in the mix and match what’s on sale crowd. But I never wear grey during deer season. Our deer are grey..... it just doesn’t seem like a good idea to be out in deer coloring, even with orange on also.

We took some black/white pics last week of various camo against different vegetation. Sitka and kuiu Looked ok till we switched the b/w then it stuck out like a sore thumb against larger vegetation like firs. The digital needed small leafy material like huckleberry to blend in.
Gonna do some more in a cpl weeks.
You ever done the B&W test on first light or kryptek? I’d be curious how those looked in the test

I wear all camo for archery hunting. In my opinion, most western hunters don’t wear the proper camo. The biggest error is that their camo doesn’t have enough light coloring (browns, greens and even white). If you’ve ever hunted the western woods (eastern WA & OR, ID, MT, etc.), you should have noticed how much white and light colors there are just lying around.

Second, their camo patterns are too small. They may look great holding them up in the artificial light of the store, but get them out in the woods and stand 50 yards away and they look like one big blob. I prefer larger patterns that don’t bleed together at a distance.

As for the the question of comfort, I’m with everyone else; hunting clothes should be comfortable for the situation (cold, rain, rugged terrain, etc.).

I've been mixing/matching solids & camo the last few years. It always seemed a little weird during rifle season to be all decked-out in my best camo & then top it off with an orange vest and cap. I'm full camo if hunting turkey, ducks w/o a blind or bowhunting.
Yep, I realized that the whole matching outfit down to the long johns, panties, pack, and bino harness was pretty similar to teenage girls, hell some hunters even wear makeup.

I get a kick out of the guys wearing $1,000 in clothes to day hunt antelope, obsessing if the have the rangefinder pouch and rifle that matches. And then top if off with orange. LOL.

Any time I've been busted by an animal, they either winded me or caught me moving at the wrong time. No camo pattern could have saved me at those times. I do have camo clothes, mostly the ones I have owned for a while. None of it matches, as I have pieced them together from various brands whenever they go on sale. As I buy new gear, I find myself buying more solids because it really doesn't make a difference. I would pick clothing based on materials, fit, performance, etc and not worry about them being camo vs solids.

Hey man, I have some camo pants made by Wrangler. mtmuley
I have camo shorts made by Wrangler,wearing them right now.
Crotch ripped out months ago,so what I only wear them to do yard work
and gardening. The nieghbors never come outside to notice anyway. :cool:

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shed God
Back