Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Cameron Peak Fire in Danger of Merging With Mullen Fire

@WyoDoug if your friends have livestock/horses that need to be moved, I believe there is a facebook group of volunteers that network for transporting/boarding during emergencies.

Hopefully it don't come to that

@WyoDoug if your friends have livestock/horses that need to be moved, I believe there is a facebook group of volunteers that network for transporting/boarding during emergencies.

Hopefully it don't come to that
Not the issue I am facing. I have two friends who might lose their cabins. One to the Mullen Fire and one to the Cameron Peak Fire near Red Feather Lakes. I hear they are making good progress on containment on both so I am hoping the spread is stopped soon. No one expected the Mullen Fire to grow as fast as it did but wind, red flag fire danger and plenty of fuel made that possible.

Not the issue I am facing. I have two friends who might lose their cabins. One to the Mullen Fire and one to the Cameron Peak Fire near Red Feather Lakes. I hear they are making good progress on containment on both so I am hoping the spread is stopped soon. No one expected the Mullen Fire to grow as fast as it did but wind, red flag fire danger and plenty of fuel made that possible.
I spent lots of time in RFL last year for work. I heard the buddhist place burnt down, I was doing fiber work up there as part of my companies work for CenturyLink. I remember there being slash piles all over the place but they never did burn them while I was up there, even in the winter months.

I'm currently working on the Creek Fire in the Sierra Forest and it's mind blowing how none of these facilities in the middle of the National Forest were prepared for fire.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back