Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

called in yotes (pics)

Yoteler, the coyotes in your area seem to have dark colored hides. Do you ever find any light to white colored dogs at all. Here in montana, the mountain coyotes are very dark but the plains generally produce lighter dogs.

Where did you find that snow this time of year... Looks like some rightous kills... Congrats... :)

GF we have alot of diffrent color phases but most of them are the darker color. I went out last year and my Choc. lab came along ( He wanted to go ) and shot one that was almost completely black. I went out the next morning and shot one almost white, I got the pics I will have to find the. Running earlier this year we seen a redish phase one it was a awesome site. Elk the snow is from last year.

Those have fairly healthy looking coats...ours are usually mangey here Yoteler. I suppose your winters kill most of the parasites.

Three yotes with the mange in your whole life time. 2 Years back I could see 3 in one day. It really hit our coyotes hard. I actually felt bad for them. It would be 20 below zero and a coyote without any hair would be running out there in the feild. The funniest sight you ever seen. The funniest is seeing their tails with no hair.

Elkay we have alot of coyotes, if we are running the hounds it is not uncommon to see 6 diffrent yotes a day

GF The yotes that I have see with have been shot and killed to try to eliminate the possible spread of it

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CZ452Scout
Back