Called in a Black Bear

Went out Monday for some callin. On my second stand in came Mr. Black Bear he liked the Slydog made snowshoe call. He was around 250 lb. How awsome.

Then when so much was going well I saw my buddy top the hill. Looking for me. He needed help putting up hay. So for the last two days thats what I have been doing.

Cool on the bear. Bummer on the work.
wink.gif

I have thought about the idea of using a distress call during bear season here but never did it. I think I make it priority this season
wink.gif

Thanks for the story although short
cool.gif

A regular squeler call works greaton calling in bear..

cotton tail and jack rabbit calls work well also...
Delw

everyone needs to be extreamly careful when callin in bear with a predator call. Remember they are coming to dinner and you are it.

They aren't like a coyote, Bear can kill ya

sly

During your bear season, Mon,Tues,Wed before Thanksgiving. Here's a tip fer ya. I have a special Slydog call that make them snowshoe hare sounds, makes em sound fat and lazy. As I was blowing that call I was thinking about how to sound like a 30 pound half cripled snowshoe hare.
biggrin.gif

KEWL MTO!!! I'll let you know in a few months
wink.gif

Sly... don't worry... I'm always safe and if I'm not... I won't name it after you
biggrin.gif

j/k I know how sneaky they can be
wink.gif

Bears dont bother me as much as fox's do.... Foxs will bite you and they carry rabies... You will hear a bear comeing long befor you hear a fox...

Ive had fox's walk right across my legs (shot that sucker to with a .243 at less than 3 feet) while calling.... I didntknow it at the time but there was one on my left side next to my head and 2 on my right side....

When In fox country calling its always a good idea to have a parnter....

They are sneaky little fleabags with bad attitudes and sharp teeth...
Delw

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back