Californication of Coeur d'Alene

"They're going to plant new trees, and that will be great in 100 years, but not for me, my neighbors, or anyone else that used to come here," Hicks said. "The only way I can describe it is heartbreaking."

exactly how I feel about you coming here from California, honey…

Why are Californians so ignorant in regards to the rest of the country? Are their heads really that far up their a**es?

It's funny. Starting 45 years ago folks poured into CA with zany ideas and totally screwed it up. They came to Dizzyland and never left.
I went elsewhere to look around for a couple years and went back and tried to stick it out. Most folks who left our small quiet county I know were the pretty redneck clans 1st. They went to eastern OR,CO,AK,UT,& ID. Lots went it ID. The folks with confederate flags and married to cousins and such loved UT & ID. AK was a close second place....who's counting.
I finally left 12 yrs ago,to where no-one I knew was going. Ever.
Now there is an increase in new folks here in the last year. Mostly Texican plates....to the most conservative county in this state and maybe the whole SW. The least populated ,largest in this state.
I know 4 couples who recently left,because it was getting too crowded,too liberal. In their opines.
1 went to AK,1 went back to CO and 2 went to ID.
These are all drill baby drill,log it,mine it folks. Folks who would go on cruises,to Vegas and Dizzyland.
Coors d elaine was always too rich for my blood.

Soon a Californian of her nature will claim TNC an enemy of The Forests.

Then again... a little Californication never hurt, right?

I talked to two different people this spring that brought up all of these trees getting cut down, they hadn't heard anything about the root rot. Probably would be good for the BLM to put up a little info sign or something to provide information to the public. Probably not going to help with the bozos in the original article but it can be tough to find info on these projects if you don't know where to look.

On my old District we had probs with laminated root rot but given that DRs goal of his own southern Oregon monoculture we opened the door to it. Douglas-fir, Mountain hemlock, and Western hemlock are highly susceptible to infection with P. weirii. but yet what did we continue to replant year after year (and. Doug Fir). A few species of plants such as Western white pine and Lodgepole pine are tolerant to the pathogen while Ponderosa pine is resistant to it. Yet we RARELY were allowed to entertain the idea of going back in with those species even on shallow southern exposures where they’d likely be the only reproduce to survive....such can be govt life.
I believe oNly hardwoods are known to be immune to the pathogen?

Our more adversely affected areas were also typical those with poor drainage or boggy soils, maybe with global warming this will stem the spread... something positive? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Why are Californians so ignorant in regards to the rest of the country? Are their heads really that far up their a**es?
I believe there are currently about 39 million Californians, we obviously have a huge supply of idiots. I believe the proportion increases exponentially when working in government or elected politics. I apologize if the worst ones are heading your way. Our huge state is extremely different socially from North to South and in my opinion should be split into three to five states. I'm guessing if you round up 39 million folks from all the western states including your own, you might find some dummies in the bunch with the cranial rectal position you mentioned.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back