MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

California Public Gobbler

wtrfwlhunter

My girlfriend has been really excited about the thought of hunting turkeys this year. She picked out the spot and did most of the research work and I stood back and helped / offered advice when needed. Well last week the weather turned a little warmer here in the foothills and the turkeys became a lot more active up in the woods. We struck Up a gobble yesterday on some public Natl forest at 7:20 and had her bird on the ground by 7:30. Set up on a corner at a logging road cut and he didn’t know what hit him. It was the first gobbling bird we’ve heard while hunting this season.

After her bird was down a couple more sounded off on the same mountain. We decided to take off and leave them for Next weekend.

Attachments

• 8E587E7F-B47A-4922-9568-12985D12C6D3.jpeg
    8E587E7F-B47A-4922-9568-12985D12C6D3.jpeg
    5 MB · Views: 42
Congrats on her bird, hes a pretty one....one thing Ive learned over the yrs of hunting turkeys on public land...never leave a gobbling bird for later. To many variables come into play

Congrats!!.... I didn't have my lookers on when I read the title of this thread... Thought is read "California Pubic Gobbler"...thought sh*t... I don't wanna see another photo of Kamala🤣🤣🤣

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back