Yeti GOBOX Collection

California hog hunt!

30-06howa

I am going to be heading out to Los Padres National forest in June for a pig hunt. Now i am new to hunting all together and have doing my research as best as possible. I have gathered all my camping and hunting gear and have become pretty comfortable with the new Howa 30-06. Has anyone hunted up near Chews Ridge if so can you give me any particular area? i have a topo map of the area and will appreciate any info. im also brand new to the forum. Thanks again.:confused:

Actually I want to say it's in Santa Barbara county. I hear talks that there are pigs there, I'm just would like a little more precision of a location seeing as how I can only be up there for 3 days

Did you ever go on the Hog Hunt? I live in Santa Maria and hunt in the Los Padres forest. Did you find any pigs? PM if you need some advice.

I am in the same boat 30-06 was - and looking for info on hunting Los Padres. I went down to the area near memorial park after travelling through Fort Hunter Liggett this past weekend. Saw lots of deer, but no pigs. Any advice would be great! I live in the Monterey Area, so getting to Los Padres (or Big Sur, etc) is no issue. Thanks!

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back