Cabo Pulmo - The Gem of Relaxation.

Sytes

Managed to put together the various clips of video from our phones, an older gopro, and drone.

Our first day, we went to Los Fralies Beach, down the dirt road from Cabo Pulmo and snorkeled around the rocks. Amazing! Then... I realized our brand new GoPro 8 found a new home at the bottom of the ocean. Haha! Is what it is. Thankfully we had our older gopro as well.

Cabo Pulmo is a small, off the grid, town. Not a single person pushed a sale on us! Peaceful walks, amazing food, and great residents!

Thanks @Ben Lamb for your assist. What an amazing place and a true marine recovery from it's original path! The history how this series of reefs came to be a world renowned restoration. Cabo Pulmo National Park and Marine Preserve. Gives a sense of hope...

An old friend of mine and his wife had a very unfortunate event while in Mexico that caused me serious reservations for going... Based on the small town, no hotels - vrbo only, 5 star PADI training / guiding service, and a couple positive recommendations from those I trust, we made a go of it.

Cabo Pulmo:
Nicest people, no beggars - not one single push to get a tip or buy anything. We actually ran down to Costco in Cabo San Lucas to stock our vrbo to "save $"... We had such great experiences eating breakfast - dinner, we gave our Costco food to the locals and enjoyed fantastic meals. Walked at night back to our VRBO, it's a very "family" type setting. In my profession, I am very wary of unknown surroundings. I was comfortable after the first day/night... within reason, always wary to some degree. :)

Vast difference between Cabo San Lucas! The only stop we made was Costco where people tried taking our shopping cart to push it for us for a tip and would stand at our car to load it for a tip. Didn't see them offering such assistance with resident Mexicans though ourselves? It was bees attracted to pollen. Got out of that town ASAP thanks to toll roads - well worth it if you need to go from the airport to CSJ. - $2-3.

We'll go back. Made friends, we've shared the video with a few. Heck, the PADI operation, Coral Reef restaurant, vrbos have Idaho ownership written all over the setting.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back