Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Cabin Feaver

Moosie

Grand poopa
Some get it when they are locked up too long. I have it because we went camping this weekend and last night slipped over to a budies cabin. It gave me the wants to start building a cabin again.... I need to surpress that urge for a few years but A guy can't help dreamin' eh ?

Some get it when they are locked up too long. I have it because we went camping this weekend and last night slipped over to a budies cabin. It gave me the wants to start building a cabin again.... I need to surpress that urge for a few years but A guy can't help dreamin' eh ?

Something is very,very, wrong with this story???hump :eek: :D

You went camping with the family and in the night slipped over to a buddy's cabin!!, what urges are you trying to suppress :D

Believe it or not, I think I know what Oscar's talking about. We pitch wall tents at 6,500 feet on our property in October. Gets below freezing every night, and with the windchill factor it gets stupid cold... like you're living in outerspace or something. Sort of wears you down a bit. I definately understand the desire for a cabin in this instance.
Our problems are the 100 mph sustained winds and the 15 foot snow drifts we get on our peak. A regular cabin wouldn't last long.
I was told to look at cabin building plans from the Ancorage Alaska area. Those cabins are built to last and not get blown off the tops of mountains.

Yea but the Mooseman "SLIPPED" over last week! it ain't cold yet!:D

Moosie, you might want to clear this up just a bit:D ....or should we all pitch in and get you a double sleeping bag for Xmas:D

Maybe you should make a duggout type cabin on that mountain. Its like 90 here now, but gets down to 70 at night if we go up to the high ground to camp. I practically froze my butt off here last weekend, we ran ac in the trailer off the generator.

No need for clarification. I sleped in another mans cabin :)

I was planning on building a cabin last year and opted not too. we have some land in Lowman. those that read more on hunttalk then illegals might remember this :p

After going on a church campout friday night with the Family, we went Sat night to a buddies cabin that was only 45 minutes away and we spend Sat night there. For the local people we stayed Friday night in Silver Cr. Plunge and Sat night in crouch in that big developement with the Golf course and the Heated spring pools, I can't remember the name....

Anyway, his place was full of Cabin plans and after spending the evening upthere it re-lit my thoughts on building a Hunting cabin in Lowman. I'm guessing I might wait. I jsut got word that a lot I've been looking at lowered it's price. Homey might be selling his Home, Rebuilding and Relocating down the street :D :D

I stayed one night tent camping with my two boys at Silver Creek Plunge back in May. It's a nice little place to camp and also swim in the swimming pool there.

Any cabin would be better than sleeping on the hard ground in a tent. A cabin with the basic amenities would be nice.

Go for it and build a cabin Moosie. It will be closer to your hemp growing locations...I mean bear bait stations. :D

Good plan Moosie.
I just bought a great cabin 2-1/2 hours from my home, on a small private lake, in a rural area of southern, Indiana.

It's great! I can leave work Friday at 5 and be having cocktails on the deck by 7:30. Kinda like camping with AC, a hot shower, comfortable bed, etc. No phone and cell phone doesn't work there, no cable TV, movies only.
Working on getting it all cocked out with new furniture, prints for the walls, and cabin type decor. Need some dead critters too.

It aint camping, but as close as my wife is going to get to camping. Kinda nice to just show up with some groceries and beer, and everything is already there, and ready to use.

Heading down for labor day weekend. Can't wait for it to cool down and start fishing and hunting in the area. It's a great fishing area that I've been visiting for 15 years.

Have posted some of these before most likely..

We use the heck out of our cabin...will be going up there again this weekend and I'll be out chasing those pesky little blacktails. Gotta spend some time doing the Fall "maintenace" that I've put off all summer...

Seems like even in hunting season we always have a cabin full of kids running around-

2005_01161-17-050174.jpg

The maintenace is in case it snows...a little...

2006_0203Image0084.jpg

2006_0203Image0096.jpg

Thanks elk hunter...not that far from you (Reno) probably only 2-1/2 hours.
That burn in the background of that bottom pic is part of the Fountain Fire from 15 years ago- was the sixth largest in Cali history at the time ~100square miles. Lots of deer now but the reprod is getting 15+ feet tall and it's hard to get on those blacktails...

Real nice Marv, I love the spiral staircase/ loft... you have 4 girls? Wow thats a handfull:eek:

Moosie it was the way you "worded" your initial story:) :D

Thanks elk hunter...not that far from you (Reno) probably only 2-1/2 hours.
That burn in the background of that bottom pic is part of the Fountain Fire from 15 years ago- was the sixth largest in Cali history at the time ~100square miles. Lots of deer now but the reprod is getting 15+ feet tall and it's hard to get on those blacktails...

Yeah, that was a big fire for sure. There's that in-between time...when the trees are small, hunting is easier. When they are taller and you can see under them (branches are high), hunting is easier. But right now those little bastards can get through the thick stuff undetected!

Back