Cabela's sold ??

I have a Cabela's about 1/2hr from my house so I do shop there. I have their credit card so I get the points to use at the store. I like being able to try on clothes before I buy- so I will pay a little more for the convenience and like to buy the exact piece of gear I just tried on. I've seen a size large fit different from one piece to another - even in the big name brands like Sitka. I also think the Cabela's brand gear is ok for the money. They are having a big sale right now so I bought some pants and an extra jacket earlier this week

Cabela's sale rumors

I also heard that Cabela's might be purchased by Bass Pro Shops. The scuttle butt I heard was that Bass Pro was researching it's options to come up with the $$$$ to make the sale.
From Bass Pro's side of it, it would obviously be good in that they could eliminate a major competitor, and the Cabela's stores are similar to Bass Pro's stores in style, size, and theme's.
I don't know if the Cabela brothers still control the stores they created way back when, but they have to be getting to the age where it would make sense to take the money and run.

I'd hate to see it happen, as I've always enjoyed trading with Cabela's and their return policies are second to none.

I also heard that Cabela's might be purchased by Bass Pro Shops. The scuttle butt I heard was that Bass Pro was researching it's options to come up with the $$$$ to make the sale.
From Bass Pro's side of it, it would obviously be good in that they could eliminate a major competitor, and the Cabela's stores are similar to Bass Pro's stores in style, size, and theme's.
I don't know if the Cabela brothers still control the stores they created way back when, but they have to be getting to the age where it would make sense to take the money and run.

I'd hate to see it happen, as I've always enjoyed trading with Cabela's and their return policies are second to none.

The Cabela brothers have essentially been out of it for awhile. One is dead and the other is pretty old. The wife still owns the Cabela's Furniture in Chappell, Nebraska, I believe.

One brother is dead and Cabelas went public several years ago and is no longer owned by the family.

when cabelas was just in nebraska they were awesome. the last time i was in the sidney store-not so much.

I bought a bunch of wool hunting socks today to use up the gift card. Just in case, but I needed the socks anyway.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colt97
Back