Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Cabela's Microtex lite clothing

PFUNK

Just wondering if anyone here has any experience with the microtex clothing cabelas sells. They have microtex lite pants on sale for $30 right now and I am considering picking up a pair at that price. I'm looking for a lightweight pant for september archery hunts. I have heard some people complain that the lite version of the microtex is too thin unless it's very hot out. But i've also heard the regular microtex is overkill and the cut is much baggier on the regular microtex pants. Any thoughts?

I've used the regular microtex. It seems to be pretty popular with the cool kids on HT.

The regular stuff is definitely NOT archery season stuff. It's fairly warm. The lite might be perfect.

I have several of the microtex lite items and I really like it. It is definitely early season archery gear. I think it is well worth $30.

I have a few pairs as well. The regular microtex is rather burr resistant and doesn't shrink. The lite version tends to collect more burrs and tends to shrink a little bit. I like the stuff and suggest upsizing just a little bit. I felt it was the perfect weight for September hunting in MT.

I have the microtex lite shirt and wear it for early archery. I like it. It might not have the "cool kids" label embroidered on it, but I don't think the critters read labels or check the receipt to see how much you paid.

I have the regular microtex as well, and might look at the lite ones. I've mostly been impressed with the durability at that cost. You don't get the nice "fit" of top of the line gear but they fit well enough. I've used one pair for 3 years and am pretty impressed that I don't have any holes in the knees or rear.

Back