Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

CA lion relocation nonsense

Khunter

Not my home state thankfully but in Cali, instead of just hunting them, or trap and kill, they relocate lions to reduce Bighorn depredation. Seems absurd, but is is California of course. Some of the lions mke a beeline right back after relocation.. Another thing I learned is lions are “charismatic”. LOL

Last edited:
Not my home state thankfully but in Cali, instead of just hunting them, or trap and kill, they relocate lions to reduce Bighorn depredation. Seems absurd, but is is California of course. Some of the lions mke a beeline right back after relocation.. Another thing I learned is lions are “charismatic”. LOL

Not a good use of conservation dollars. What's the odds that one makes it back from 200 miles next winter and they have to move him again.

California is in decline of almost all big game. It’s going to get tougher in this state

hockey-leveling-up.gif

Only a few years ago Fish and Game policy was to not relocate problem cats and bears, period. Now it appears to be a complete 180.

The progression of wildlife management in America is to ban recreational hunting and trapping and replace it with tax-funded sharpshooters and trappers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back