PEAX Equipment

CA Draw Results Posted

Sweet. Won the draw for a D14 tag for one my hunts, so I'm pretty stoked myself. My 2nd deer tag is for D11.

I went to high school in Weaverville.

What years? I grew up in Trinity. Still hunt up there a lot, have a B tag for this year. And of course lots of bears to hunt! Wish we could get more than one tag until the quota is filled.

Nice, I pulled a G13 this year as well. I'll be picking up a buck tag as well if there are leftovers. Do you live in San Diego?

Nice, I pulled a G13 this year as well. I'll be picking up a buck tag as well if there are leftovers. Do you live in San Diego?

South Orange County actually, you? Only 201 D16 tags leftover as of yesterday BTW so I'd get on that!

Attachments

• Available Deer Tags 6-17.pdf
    87.4 KB · Views: 5
Yea I just purchased it actually, saw it was barely 200. I live in Julian. Moved out there in october to get closer to the woods. and hunting grounds. good luck, i know that doe tag is as good as meat in the freezer, so im pretty stoked.

I'm looking at a D16 buck tag too. It says archery and general. Has it always been like that? I'm in N. Orange county. My parents live in Fallbrook. I've scouted and E-scouted quite a bit but did not have the chance to go last year due to work obligations. Anyone want to set up a scouting trip?

D16 has a rifle season for bucks. and the AO tags will work as well, but for bucks only. a22 is specific to d16 but is either sex. All tags are limited except the AO, g13 gives 300, a22 is 1000, and rifle d16 is 3000... I have no idea about muzzeloader though.

It says archery and general. Has it always been like that?

Some zones have an archery only tag. Example C zones as well as X zones have an archery only tag that is typically filled in the drawing. You cannot hunt the rifle season if you have an archery tag for an X zone. Zones like A, B and the D zones issue a general tag that allows you to hunt with archery equipment in the early archery season for that zone. During the "rifle season" for that zone you are allowed to use any legal method of take meaning archery, muzzleloader, pistol, crossbow and rifle. Of course each method of take has requirements for the weapon you use. Some zones could have requirements I may not be aware of since I don't research zones I don't plan to hunt. If the book is confusing you can always contact fish and wildlife for a clarification.

Sounds like D16 is just like the zone I hunt the most, D3-5. I can archery hunt the early archery season (archery equipment only) then if I still have an unfilled tag I can use my rifle during the general or rifle season.
Has it always been like that? Not really but it has been like that for a long long time. When I first started hunting the state only had 2 tags, A and B. You hunted with a bow anywhere the archery season was open then a rifle anywhere there was an open deer season that you had a tag for. A was the coast only and B was good in any part of the state that had a general season.

Struck out...yet again...for elk and antelope (have one under max pts) and drew the ol' "C" tag yet again....:rolleyes:

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back