PEAX Equipment

Bye-bye Teddy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder, once we remove all historical objects from the public eye, does that mean that prejudice and hate goes away? If so I'm gonna need a cry room and does anyone have a suggestion for a proper pronoun. Don't wanna piss anyone off. Oh sorry sure I do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I suggest They/Them < whatever that means.

Why does one build a statue? What is the initial intent of that piece of art? To celebrate a person, place, idea, or event. Now, X # of years later we may simply view it as just history a marker of a time that no longer exists. But the initial intent was celebratory.

So when people try to claim a removal is about erasing history they miss the mark, often, I fear, deliberately (mostly the media and politicians), in an attempt to drive a wedge deeper in our society, to round the wagons around a specific group and shun others outside that group, to reaffirm our own identities but establishing the difference with others. To create and perpetuate animosity toward fellow Americans, because the best way to shore up support is to create an enemy.

Removing a statue, whether I personally agree with it or not, is not about erasing the past, but about choosing to not celebrating that person, that idea, or that event anymore.

Ok hear me out..

Replace it with a statue of Aoc on a surf board wearing a mask, on the surf board print the logo of the state of Florida and point the nose of the board to the south.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back