Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Butte MT Taxidermist

NV_ARCH3R

Going on my first ever Bear hunt in Montana in a couple weeks, Being the first time I'm realistic just seeing one and maybe getting a stalk would be enough, but also trying to plan ahead. Anybody have the info for a good Taxidermist in Butte? If I should be lucky enough to get into one, I want to get a rug done and skull bleached.

Capps Taxidermy, its 30 miles west of Butte in Anaconda, He has done numerous mounts for me including 2 bear rugs and a 1/2 body bear. I am very pleased with his work.

Atcheson's Taxidermy @1707 Continental in Butte. #406-782-0569. There are world famous. Have never used them, but know others that like their work.

I've used Atchesons, they do great work. You pay for that work, but it's good work. I'd use them again, very professional, easy to work with.

My dad has a Sheep and two goats done by Atcheson's in Butte. They are world famous for a reason. Their work is absolutely top notch, Service is Good as well. I'm in Missoula. If I shoot a Huge bull this fall, it's going to Atcheson's. Period, end of debate. I'd put them as the best taxi in MT, not just the best in Butte.

I would suggest looking for a taxidermist near your home town. I presume you're in NV? Working with a taxidermist 1000 miles away is a difficult proposition.

I would suggest Cape Horn taxidermy in Whitehall, its about 25 miles south east of Butte. Those guys do some incredible work.

Big Sky, I'm not sure Jim Brandenburg is still taking in commercial work, but if he is, you can't get any better. He is one of the best taxidermists on the planet. His lions and bears are as good as they get.

nmtaxi, well he was still accepting a year or two ago when I talked to him, but who knows maybe he's too busy with designing taxidermy manikins for taxidermy supply catalogs or just doing specialized custom work. However if he is still accepting work, like you said he's about as good as they get. His cat's are pert near as good as Phil Soucey (out of Libby) and his bears in my opinion are better than Phil's.

Here is an example of Jim's work.
BlackBearMounts006.jpg

Last edited:
You would know better than me. The only contact I ever had with him was a couple of messages on taxi.net a few years ago. To me, his mounts are some of the most natural looking I have ever seen.

I would suggest looking for a taxidermist near your home town. I presume you're in NV? Working with a taxidermist 1000 miles away is a difficult proposition.

I would suggest Cape Horn taxidermy in Whitehall, its about 25 miles south east of Butte. Those guys do some incredible work.

I have friends in Butte and with it warming up so early wanted to get hide to a taxi as soon as possible instead of hauling all the way back to NV. I'm just looking for a rug, and cleaned bleached skull, Doesn't have to be First in the World taxi, but still would like a nice job. Of course all this is just "In Case" I'm successful,

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back