Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Butt ugly knife

Looking good Devon! 50 plus knives in and I am still learning and making mistakes.

Here are a few more that I have shipped out. These just returned from a brown bear hunt off the Alaskan coast and according to the customer it skinned out a brown bear, 3 or 4 Blacktails, and a ton of ducks. Actually the one on the right stayed in Alaska... unfortunately it is resting at the bottom of the ocean where it was accidentally dropped while trying to unload gear/game from the skiff to the main boat in very rough seas. Customer called me to tell me the bad news and to order two more knives and a cleaver.

Alaska.jpg

@JustinsDad love it! I have one that is similar, mice had a good chew on the end which I assume is what happened to yours?

@pre6422hornet damn that sucks he lost the knife!
Those are lovely and when I can achieve something like that I will call myself a knife maker.
Those are perfect plunge lines.
I was told 20 knives and things start to improve, in a way I'm pleased you are still making errors at 50+ it gives me encouragement.

Cheers

Richard

@pre6422hornet, do you have a website to see what you have? Not that I could afford one anyway... 😞

I have a few "look at" knives, with a couple custom jobs made in Alaska. You folks that are making them have my respect!

@pre6422hornet, do you have a website to see what you have? Not that I could afford one anyway... 😞

I have a few "look at" knives, with a couple custom jobs made in Alaska. You folks that are making them have my respect!
Hey Dave I don't have a website, I use Instagram and Facebook mostly.

My IG and Fbook account is 4ladyblades. Making knives is NOT my primary source of income, and my prices reflect that. I am more into the art and metal work than trying to get rich off of it. A normal hunting knife, like those pictured above, take roughly 8-10 hours to complete and are under $225 and that includes a handmade leather sheath by myself as well. All my handle material ( except Micarta) are stabilized by K&G as well too.

Hey Dave I don't have a website, I use Instagram and Facebook mostly.

My IG and Fbook account is 4ladyblades. Making knives is NOT my primary source of income, and my prices reflect that. I am more into the art and metal work than trying to get rich off of it. A normal hunting knife, like those pictured above, take roughly 8-10 hours to complete and are under $225 and that includes a handmade leather sheath by myself as well. All my handle material ( except Micarta) are stabilized by K&G as well too.
Just 'liked' your FB page, some lovely work there.
I'm really interested in your latest post, did you make the sanding block, if so what of and how please?

I have to admit to losing interest, but clearing out the garage I came across 3 blades I had hardened a couple of years ago and added some handles, top one I'm keeping for myself, bottom one is going to be given to a deer hunting farmer friend.

A friend is going to make some leather sheaths for me

Screenshot 2023-06-21 at 08.14.01.png

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back