Bushnell Forge Scopes?

MThuntr

A friend asked me about Bushnell Forge scopes. I believe he's interested in the 2.5-15 SFP that have recently been discontinued. Priced around $375 with zero stop and locking turrets. His intentions would be on a 6.5 Creedmoor for hunting with reasonable distances (likely less than 400 yards. I know some of the higher end Bushnells get great reviews but know nothing about these. Anyone know anything about the Forge Line?

I played around with one a couple years ago. I remember it tapping out pretty early on brightness and middle of the pack for resolution. I believe it is made in China so it is definitely a step down from Bushnell's Elite line.

yeah I explained that to him that a comparably priced Leupold may fair better. I'd like to track down one of those Elite LRHS myself.
FWIW CameralandNY has the LRTS (same as LRHS just not a capped windage turret and different reticle) for $650 right now. It’s a steal in my opinion if you’re going a little heavier on glass.

Yeah I've been watching those but the capped windage LRHS in the 4.5-18 power range is what I really wanted...I missed one a few months ago on a forum. I'd probably buy a Zeiss V4 (B&H has one for the same price as Cameraland is offering LRTS illuminated).

I'm guessing my buddy will get the Bushnell Forge but I keep telling him a VX3i with CDS is probably what he really wants.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back