Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Burris Veracity (Reviews?)

GearJunky

Looking into this scope as a good elk/deer scope, that also has the option when I want to mess around at the range (or predator hunting) with the turrets. Any real life experiences anyone wants to share.

Here is why I like it... just don't know about quality, and don't want to make a $700-$800 mistake.

- FFP with a good reticle (I shoot a .270, so the hash marks seem reasonable out to 500 yds)
- The turrets come with a threaded cap, so I can protect these while hunting
- Wide range of magnification
- Can find them online for under $800.

I was originally considering a Vortex Viper HSLR or HS-t but I don't like the idea of hunting with exposed turrets and the FFP models are spendy. Note... I currently own a Vortex PST scope and like the scope, but I want this to be a one and done hunting scope. I am not sold yet that I would hunt with a scope that has all the exposed turrets. I like the keep it simple principle, so the Veracity scope has my attention since I could have the best of both worlds.

Any other scopes to consider.

i have a veracity in the 5-25x50 model. i really like it and feel that the clarity and overall craftsmanship is better than a vortex. i love the FFP and capped turrets are a must for me. i don't think you will have any buyer's remorse over it and really feel that it is the most bang for buck in rifle scopes right now

What magnification are you looking for in that scope? I can get the 5-25-50mm to you for around $750.00
I have not heard a lot of feedback about them yet but they seem to have nice features.

^^^^ I am looking at the 4-20x50 model. Your pricing looks very competitive, thanks for the heads up.

Any other scope you might recommend. What would be comparable in the leupold line up?

The 4-20 is $695 shipped
Anything in FFP in Leupold will not be in that price range.

Last edited:
I appreciate it. I have some items on ebay that close this saturday... then it is scope shopping time.

What is the best way to contact you if I decide to go forward with the Burris?

I also herd some god things about the Burris XTR II SCR mil mil thats hitting the streets. Not sure if they are capped or not. From the reviews I have seen they look to be excellent. Also FFP. Thinking of something for a Savage LRH in 300 win mag I am picking up. Well, that or the Savage Bear Hunter in 300 win mag. I am a bit torn between the two.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back