Burger patty shaper tool

Faster to roll your ground meat into a cylindrical log on the cutting board and then slice it like bread, all the same thickness.
I do sausage patties the same way.

Use wax paper to roll it until your get the knack for it.

Surprised it hasn’t been mentioned.
My wife really likes the ace burger pack. They work really well, keeps freezer burn off.

Wax paper and two small plates.

1/3 or 1/2 cup of meat depending on how big you want your Pattie’s. I prefer 1/3 cup.

Make the Pattie’s with the measuring cup.

Place a piece of paper on a plate, place a ball on the paper and the second piece of paper on top.

Press down on the plate until you feel it touch the rim on the bottom side of the plate.

When the Pattie’s are fully cooked, they will be full bun sized and not some cookie sized bite half the size of the bun.

I’ll make a bunch and put two to a ziploc baggie and freeze them. Paper on top and bottom and between makes them easier to separate and also helps prevent freezer burn.

Cook one or both. I put 2 for me and the wife.

It’s relatively simple to make a round ball of burger, place it on a cookie sheet, and press it down with the bottom of a saucer. It’s kinda like magic.
This. If I'm having a bunch of guests and want to go for appearance on my burgers, I'll weigh all the round balls for uniformity and use two saucers as my "patty press." It actually works really well.

I like my press, but don't use it often due to the cleanup hassle. More than the shape, I like that it compresses the meat well so it doesn't turn into a baseball on the grill. It actually maintains the shape of a burger! The small plate trick probably does the same with easier cleanup. I might give it a shot.

When I was a kid, my family ran a marina on a lake in Tennessee. We bought ground beef from the local grocery that had a real butcher, and my mom was the calibrated quarter pound hamburger patty maker. On burger day at the house, the thump-thump of my mom using her 2# can of beans to smash the patties into shape was part of the music of summer. I wonder sometimes how many thousand patties she made, and how many 55-gallon drums of chili got cooked on our stove in that little house.

David
NM

Wife got a good sized cookie cutter years ago to make jumbo Xmas sugar cookies, I steal it for patty’s. Hand mash the meat on a piece of freezer paper on a cold baking tray, cut, grill, eat. Uniform enough for me!

A0735CBC-F53F-4CF3-BD60-E86624044DC8.jpeg

Just get a big plastic lid guys. Works good and easy to clean. We did this in restaurants I worked at and I do it at home.

I watched this years ago, and it's more or less what we do at home. Makes perfect burgers every time, assuming good meat, and a good meat/fat ratio. I also prefer a medium to medium-course(ish) grind.

It's super simple. No fancy tools necessary, just hands, a cast iron skillet, and a heat source.

(Forgot about this on my previous post.)

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back