Burger patty shaper tool

Elktrack

Do any of you burger gurus use one of those hamburger patty shapers? I am apparently unable to make a uniform patty and am thinking I need one. I’m absolutely not much of a cook but am getting better and one day aspire to post a pic of some grub I’ve made. Lol.
It may be sacrilegious to a true burger maestro to use one???

I have one. No idea what brand but it works OK. The biggest thing it does is consistent thickness for all the burgers cooking times being the same.
That’s what I’m after uniform so they end up the same amount of doneness. These football shaped things are all over the board.

I have no idea what brand it is but it works awsome. I think my wife got it on Amazon for something like 15 or 20 bucks. Make sure you use a piece of wax paper on bottom then meat then wax paper on top.
That’s what I have and how I do it. Only suggestion would be to not squish the Patties, only use it to form them. Once I have them formed, I use my fingers to depress the centers nd make it thinner there. That helps the burgers stay flatter when cooking. Before I started doing that, mine would swell up in the middle and be harder to cook evenly.

That’s what I have and how I do it. Only suggestion would be to not squish the Patties, only use it to form them. Once I have them formed, I use my fingers to depress the centers nd make it thinner there. That helps the burgers stay flatter when cooking. Before I started doing that, mine would swell up in the middle and be harder to cook evenly.
Copy that! Thanks

Do any of you burger gurus use one of those hamburger patty shapers? I am apparently unable to make a uniform patty and am thinking I need one. I’m absolutely not much of a cook but am getting better and one day aspire to post a pic of some grub I’ve made. Lol.
It may be sacrilegious to a true burger maestro to use one???

Like all things, use the right tool for the job. I love kitchen equipment kitchen, but hands remain the best kitchen tool there is.

Just practice. Ground meat is like clay. Make a few burgers, if they are not roughly uniform pull a little meat of one and put in on another, and reshape.

Don’t let the meat get too warm or the fat will start to melt making your burgers less awesome. You can always put the meat back in the fridge for 20 mins.

Good luck!

I have tried a few of them, the one @duckhposted is the most consistent and I'm pretty sure mine came from Amazon also.
90% of the time I just make the patties by hand because cleaning the press is a pain in the ass.
If your grinding large quantities of meat specifically for hamburgers , make the patties with the press and put them on a lined cookie sheet in the freezer for an hour. After they are mostly frozen stack them with a piece of parchment or wax paper between each patty and then vacuum seal.

I once asked a one-armed barmaid at a now deceased roadhouse on Montana's Hi Line how she managed to make the delicious hamburger patty she just served me. She simply placed her hand in the opposite armpit and squished it with that arm amputated at elbow. Interesting spice and I suspect the armpit hair acted as Adobe helping hold the meat together.

I once asked a one-armed barmaid at a now deceased roadhouse on Montana's Hi Line how she managed to make the delicious hamburger patty she just served me. She simply placed her hand in the opposite armpit and squished it with that arm amputated at elbow. Interesting spice and I suspect the armpit hair acted as Adobe helping hold the meat together.
Since this a family forum I'm going to refrain for asking if they offered starfish patties.
Editing to add, pink starfish are an endangered species

I’m sorry the guys razz you so much, sir!

That was pretty damned funny.

My wife has one.. they’re legit. But only at home…. If you bring it camping you’re a flip flops with socks kinda dude, and we can’t be friends….

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back