PEAX Equipment

Bullet and powder for 25-06

Rooster52

What is your preferred powder and bullet for the 25-06. Just bought one and looking for load data.

Perfect combo. All you have to do is find the powder that works best. Have fun. mtmuley

Got to go pick up some dies and bullets tomorrow,I have lots of powders.

I loaded some 120 Speers for a friend's rifle and they shot great. One grain under max of H4831 got sub-moa at 2925 fps. I tend to lean toward the heavier bullets, but you could not go wrong with the 110 ab. For deer and targets, about anything will work. The only time bullets become an issue is if you are going to use it for elk.

I am a real fan of Interlocks for ringing steel and shooting deer. They are accurate, cheap, and extremely accurate in most rifles.

another powder to look at is IMR 7977 with the 100gr bullets, I've been playing with that a little, seems to shoot (group) wise with the IMR 4831I mostly use. as far as bullets go, depends on just what u plan on running it into and how far way it is when it hits. I'm a big fan of the 100gr bullets for whitetails, the standard cup and core bullets I've killed deer with are 100gr Sierra Pro-Hunter, Hornaday 117 SST, 120gr core-lok, 100gr Barnes xbullet and the bullet I have settled on the 100gr Nosler partition. Inside 100yds the cup and core bullets I've used come unglued on contact.. at 100 plus the sierra performs very very well, I mostly hunt heavy woods and get offered weird angles that's why I shoot the partition..

I have a few favorite loads. One involves a 100gr bullet and H4350. I jump back and forth between 100gr Hornady IL, Nosler BT, and Barnes TTSX, although the Hornadys are now scarce. The other involves 120gr Partions and either Retumbo or Ramshot Magnum.

H4350 and an 80gr TTSX ain't bad either.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back