MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Budget Binoculars

I just got the BX-4s for Christmas and they won't disappoint!

Honestly, with a pair of diamond back HD’s you’ll be fine. I don’t think you’ll miss any animals that you otherwise would have seen with a pair of Swaros. Now if you are looking to pick apart feathers on a finch, that’s a different story.

Thanks everyone for keeping the options coming, I’m open to any and all

Worth looking into!

I’ve got a pair of 10x42 vortex diamondbacks and I really like them. Nice clear glass. My only complaint is that they fog up occasionally if it’s really cold.

Look into vanguard endeavors. I have a a pair and are happy with them I feel like they are about the same quality as vortex diamondbacks.
Was a huge fan of these until I bought a used pair of the previous generation endeavors and this is what vanguard told me when I attempted to send them in for repair.

Attachments

• EFE437A9-D147-47C1-B2A7-4551BF9176C3.png
    EFE437A9-D147-47C1-B2A7-4551BF9176C3.png
    399 KB · Views: 21
Was a huge fan of these until I bought a used pair of the previous generation endeavors and this is what vanguard told me when I attempted to send them in for repair.
Wow!!! When I sent mine in to get fixed they just sent me a brand new pair. But they weren't a old discontinued style either

Wow!!! When I sent mine in to get fixed they just sent me a brand new pair. But they weren't a old discontinued style either
I didn’t expect a free replacement or anything but I was at least hoping for a discount or something. They aren’t even that old of a pair I’d say they are maybe 10 years old because they are identical to the new endeavor ED except they don’t have a hinge on the front like the new ones do.

Reactions: MJE
I know this is a really old thread, but I'd like to give what's probably the cheapest alternative.

I've been using a pair of Delta Optical Forest II 8x42 through one really rough season now. Through bush, snow, water. I spot capercaillies from 1000 yards with them. They were definitely worth the money, although I probably will upgrade in the future.

I still have my old Zen Rays. Probably still the best bang for my buck I ever got in optics.

I will put Vangaurd Endeaver ED against any med low to med price bino. Everyone is shocked when they look through them.

Bushnell Legend Ultra HD M-Series. Bought for my wife; now they're mine. ED glass. Smooth focus. $200.

Better than many $500 binos.

For $200 budget range there have a few binoculars here like Bushnell 121225, Sightron SII Blue Sky, Vortex 10x32 Raptor, Leupold BX-1 McKenzie etc. But all of them I think Sightron SII Blue Sky 8x32 is better one for hunting purposes.
8x magnification. 19.8 oz weight.

Last edited:
Back