Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Budget Binoculars

Check the pawnshops. I often see top quality glass in the local joints at very good price. Better than shopping on Kijiji because you can look through them before buying.

I know this thread is a year old but worthy of contributing.

I got a pair of Athlon Cronus to keep in my truck for less than $320 when stacking promo codes, discounted gift cards, and Active Junky. They compete well with a lot of optics higher priced but definitely fall behind the binos that cost around $8-900. What I do know is having any binos is better than pointing your rifle at something to look (which seems to be common for hunters where I grew up)

I know this thread is a year old but worthy of contributing.

I got a pair of Athlon Cronus to keep in my truck for less than $320 when stacking promo codes, discounted gift cards, and Active Junky. They compete well with a lot of optics higher priced but definitely fall behind the binos that cost around $8-900. What I do know is having any binos is better than pointing your rifle at something to look (which seems to be common for hunters where I grew up)
I think something to think about is that if all you can afford to spend is even $200 when you get your new cheap binos out you'll find you can still see better than with the naked eye! Are $200 binos worth the money? In my opinion definately! You can probably buy better and definately buy more expensive but either will improve what you can see just by eye!

No, get a hold of me, I will be cheaper than Camera land
It's not just salesmanship by schmalts. @schmalts has a stellar reputation on this forum for reliability and pricing. He gives solid advice and as you move up in price points his prices are simply unbelievable - hundreds less than the best internet price on a number of occasions for me.

There are some pretty good prices on Sightron SII binos right now. I’ve never looked through them. I’m not certain if they are made in Japan. My binos that were made in Japan are excellent. My dad’s Vortex binos that were made in Japan are also excellent. If the SIIs are made in Japan, I think they are probably at least worth the sale prices I’ve been seeing, even if there are better binos out there.

Back