Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

BS hunting pants sizes

You know what really grinds my gears… the fact that I can’t find a nice pair of hunting pants that don’t have to be hemmed. I’m no Manute Bol, I’m 5’7 160 lbs. I’ve ordered every damn brand and it seems like and they all have to be hemmed for my needs. Granted, I’m a 30 inch inseam that shrinks some with boots…. But why the hell can’t I find a pair of nice pair of pants that don’t near bout reach my toes before I have them tailored. Is a 32x30 too much to ask? BS I say, short man rant over!
My waist keeps getting longer than my legs :)

Just kidding.
The name alone conjures a babe with a creedmore and toggs...
...time for a stop @ REI next time I'm in town.

Seriously the skre pants are made for Mr. Potatoe head. Toothpick legs and a XL tater size butox space.
Good thing I hunt at home and never wear camo for leisure wear.

Trying to find quality outdoor clothes made in America is the problem for me now.

I have 2 pairs of attack pants in 34 short coming on Friday. I'm a 32 waist but I always size up for Kuiu stuff. I'll report back.

Just kidding.
The name alone conjures a babe with a creedmore and toggs...
...time for a stop @ REI next time I'm in town.

Seriously the skre pants are made for Mr. Potatoe head. Toothpick legs and a XL tater size butox space.
Good thing I hunt at home and never wear camo for leisure wear.

Trying to find quality outdoor clothes made in America is the problem for me now.
Thanks for the clarification (still learning the personalities here) - and yeah, I get the visual. However, if I do elk hunt this year, I will be wearing Prana's (for the 12th year) and most likely using a Creedmoor. :D

Aside, Prana Stretch Zions are 25% off at REI starting Friday...

Last edited:
My 34 short attack pants came a day early. Fit is precisely what I expected. The 34 waist fits like a 32. Short inseam is basically a 31...perfect.

I’ll check those out. Thsnks! I won’t mind not spending 2-$400 on a pair of pants either!
I've worn Prana Stretch Zion's on very hunt I've been on going back to at least 2010. And today's fabric is slightly tougher than the 2009 iteration.

As I mentioned above, REI has them 25% off starting tomorrow.

@jmcd another pant that has a great reputation for durability is the OR Ferrosi. I just ordered a pair to give them a whirl (on sale at Moosjaw). They too offer a 36x36.

I think length is a problem most manufacturers can’t get a grasp on. I know it’s tough on them to make such a wide variety of lengths, unless they are a direct to consumer.

Scored a pair of Pranas on sale and a fleece jacket @REI. The last of my size.
Used some points for the 1st time. $50.

The big name brands always advertise as “ athletic fit”. Apparently this means skinny flat brim chicken legs because I gotta get 2 waist sizes bigger to not be tight in thigh/rear. Then is way loose in waist.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back