Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Hunting pants for a tall guy, but not a “big” guy

huntinsonovagun

Hey guys, I’m so tired of buying pants that don’t fit. I’m 6’4” and about 170. Try as I may, I can’t put on any weight. I’ve searched high and low for some good hunting pants that would fit a guy like me, but nothing yet. I have the same problem with regular jeans, but if you pony up enough cash, they’re out there (jeans that fit).

I hunt Oklahoma turkeys and whitetails, hoping to venture west this year for pronghorn. For deer I’ll just throw on insulated bibs, so really any good pant (that fits as it should) would work. Really need about a 36” inseam with a 30-32 waist. Thanks for any help...

Cabelas sells their microtex pants in tall sizes, they're only a 34" inseam though. I've also heard that they recently changed the fabric and it has got some bad reviews. I have some of the older microtex and I like it.

I have heard good things about Prana brand pants and those will probably end up being my next pair. Otherwise, I am really pleased with my First Lite Corrugate Guide Pants. I have the same issue at 6'4" but about 225 and their large tall fits like a dream.

I have almost the same problem. 6'2" & 185...always have been. 33W x 35L...& no one makes 33 waist or 35 length pants & shirts are for fat guys if they have long sleeves. I also have real long arms....LOL
I had been wearing Cabellas microtex but wore out 2 pair of pants I hemmed with drawstings. The new microtex is junk,IMHO. Have some new Browning pants I was given but even their 34's are too baggy & I bet they sound like jeans walking....no good.
So I will have to get some REI or Sierra Trading post pants & guess. I just cant see paying $200 for a pair of pants that work personally....$100 maybe on a good day.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back