Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Browning X Bolt

My dad owns 2 x bolts. Loves them (I do too). They are accurate, have good ergonomics, smooth bolt travel, and low felt recoil relative to some other rifles of the same cartridges.

Only complaint is that they are now being sent back to Browning for the second time to have the stocks replaced. The rubbery finish in them is breaking down and becoming tacky/gooey.

I bought a XBolt Hunter in 7-08 HT and loved it. then I started bringing my kids antelope hunting. I now own 2 XBolt Hunters and 1 Hells Canyon Speed in 7-08 HT and love them all. All shoot great with TTSXs and a bunch of antelope, mule deer and a bull all wish I would have not been using those rifles!

Just ordered a new Browning X Bolt Medallion Maple in 6.5 Creedmoor (the Manbun). Been looking at this rifle for awhile. It seems like most people that have them really like their Browning's. I'm excited to get it.
I sure hope that you can find ammo for it. 6.5 CM ammo is extremely rare right now.

With that series of rifle, Browning is at the mercy of McMillian for the stock. I have had a HC LH McMillian on order for almost a year and it looks like I might see it in Feb.
Yeah that is what I heard too. I also noticed that you can't find a Mcmillan in stock anywhere so I would assume Browning can't get them either. Hopefully you can get it soon!

I sure hope that you can find ammo for it. 6.5 CM ammo is extremely rare right now.
Ordered 2 boxes of Federal Non Typical 140 gr. 6.5 Creedmoor ammo through Gun Broker for $34.99 a box. They have already been shipped. This ammo in 150 gr. .308 shoots great out of my Winchester Model 70 Featherweight .308.

Last edited:
I bought a X Bolt, Hells Canyon in 7mm-08 this year to replace the A Bolt I gave my daughter. The A bolt shot my reloads to .78MOA constantly and I was worried about getting similar results from the X Bolt. Using the same ammo (150gr. Barnes) it grouped .56 MOA at 100 yards before even being broken in properly. I did adjust the trigger down to 3.5lbs as that is what I prefer and it was easy to do. I have a cheaper model 4-14 Vortex that is OK on it, but I am changing the mounts to Talley Lightweight from the ones the gun shop had on it originally. It is a sweet gun, very light, the pull is a little short for me, but I am 6'4", so I am used to that. I now have 50 rounds through it and took a nice 10pt Whitetail in MN with it this fall. The shot was only 75 yards, so not much a of test. I plan to add a upgraded scope and use it in Montana at ranges out to 500 yards this fall. I don't see how you can fail with this rifle.

Attachments

• IMG_7471.jpg
    IMG_7471.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 10
I bought a stainless stalker in 2018 when they were still making it in 300 H&H. I have been very pleased with it so far. I’ve killed 7 bucks and a bull elk with it so far. I wish I would have gone ahead and bought another one in .270 before firearms got so scarce.

I bought a X Bolt, Hells Canyon in 7mm-08 this year to replace the A Bolt I gave my daughter. The A bolt shot my reloads to .78MOA constantly and I was worried about getting similar results from the X Bolt. Using the same ammo (150gr. Barnes) it grouped .56 MOA at 100 yards before even being broken in properly. I did adjust the trigger down to 3.5lbs as that is what I prefer and it was easy to do. I have a cheaper model 4-14 Vortex that is OK on it, but I am changing the mounts to Talley Lightweight from the ones the gun shop had on it originally. It is a sweet gun, very light, the pull is a little short for me, but I am 6'4", so I am used to that. I now have 50 rounds through it and took a nice 10pt Whitetail in MN with it this fall. The shot was only 75 yards, so not much a of test. I plan to add a upgraded scope and use it in Montana at ranges out to 500 yards this fall. I don't see how you can fail with this rifle.
Very nice.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back