PEAX Equipment

Browning 6.5 Creedmoor Ammo

huntandfly

I recently lucked into a good deal on a Browning Hells Canyon LR in 6.5 Creed and was wondering if there are any of you folks out there that have hunted or shot mid-range (out to about 500 yards) with this rifle that have had more success with certain bullets? I am planning on using this as primarily a deer rifle, and would like to stay near the 140 grain range. I do not reload so I am primarily looking for factory ammo suggestions. Thanks!

Mine shoots the Hornady Precision Hunter clover leaf holes right out of the box. I had planned on hand loading for the rifle but with accuracy like that on factory ammo, I will save myself the trouble.

I know you said you’d like to stay around the 140g mark but if your open to trying something lighter you could look into Barnes I believe they make a 127g long range (LRX) for 6.5 creedmor. I had to switch to non lead last year in California and All of my rifles shot barnes really well. Just something else to consider.

Around 140grains in factory I’d look at hornady precision hunter or Nosler Accubond Long Range, the majority of lead free is around 120 grains if you’re looking to go that route, and there’s quite a bit around 130 like the Sierra game kings, hornady inter bonds

The 143 gr Hornady eldx shoots good in both my rifles and it has a very high BC. For a lead load its a good choice for deer size animals. Others have used it on elk. The reviews on elk seem to be mixed.

Second the Barnes 127 LRXs as I’ve had very good experience with this bullet both terminally and On paper though I do reload.

Great rifle. I have a friend who has that exact rifle and caliber, and it shoots everything he feeds it into little tiny groups. He’s been hesitant to start reloading for it because it shoots a variety of factory ammo so well that came with the rifle

I have the same make and model, so far:
Hornady Superformance 129g SST = can’t group whatsoever
Hornady American Whitetail 129g = sub MOA (1.7” @ 200)
Next up Federal Premium Berger Hybrid 135g

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back