Broadhead Sharpening devices

MThuntr

I'm not steady enough to do this free hand. What are your sharpening devices/jigs that you've used to sharpen broadheads? I have both single and double bevel heads to clean up

Tried freehanding on single bevel and it was easier than double for me but still not great. FIL got the stay sharp guide and has good results. Think they have guides for both single and double bevel.

I used the same system I use with the rest of my knives.
Worked good. I was shocked at how even though they were supposed to all be the bevel angle they were not, some requiring more work than others.

Another for stay sharp. His videos are pretty nice to watch. I believe he is running a sale on some blemished product or at least he was when I ordered a few things a week or so ago.

I’ve used my Gatco to sharpen Magnus, but decided to try the Stay Sharp. I would recommend the Stay Sharp guide 100%. Very easy to work with

Update: The StaySharp jigs currently offered for the sweeping blade design of the single bevel I have chosen to use don't have enough angle. He has a 32 degree for the straight single bevels (Iron Will) but not the sweeping design I needed. His Jig "C" only goes to 25 degrees.

The Work Sharp Precision maxes out at 32 degrees (realistically 30) so that's the choice I had to make based on bevel angle. I can get the broadheads shaving sharp but with the hardened steel it is a chore. Unfortunately, the deal I got with the Crimson Talon was too good to be true and all the broadheads are duller than dull so I am forced to spend about 20 minutes per head to get them to minimum hunting sharpness and another 5 minutes of honing to get them to razor sharp.

Not for yours, but I switched to 3 blades and this thing is great.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back