Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Bro, Do You Even Lift? (Off-season ways to stay in shape)

Anyone mention boxing or MMA in this thread? Best cardio workout hands down outside of actually hitting the mountains. Go do 10 3 min rounds with on a heavy bag and see if you disagree

Anyone mention boxing or MMA in this thread? Best cardio workout hands down outside of actually hitting the mountains. Go do 10 3 min rounds with on a heavy bag and see if you disagree
I wish more rec centers and gyms had wrestling mats.

Also, I’m really tired of walking the flat ass 4 miles on oil and chip around the section by my house with a dumbass bag of concrete in my backpack.
Can’t wait for this chit to be over so I can go back to being a distance runner/cyclist.
I’ve gained like 10lbs this summer.
Gross.

Idk, I just blitzed the local hill at 102 for everything I had. Almost passed out but set my new annual peak heart rate...

Great way to kick a two day hangover
Did 1200 feet of vertical in 3 miles of single-track. Lungs were happy to be tested, one knee felt like it was delaminating. All good two days later.

All we have around here is flat, flat, flat! I did get my first 5 mile hike in with topsoil in the pack. I didn't think of using a bag of concrete. Will have to pick one up.

I did manage a whopping 230' of elevation change walking up and down the 40' sled hill in the park next to my house a few times. I'm worried that even with me doing the most exercise ever in preparation for an elk hunt that the mountains are still gonna kick my butt!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220809-214243-099.png
    Screenshot_20220809-214243-099.png
    179.5 KB · Views: 6
All we have around here is flat, flat, flat! I did get my first 5 mile hike in with topsoil in the pack. I didn't think of using a bag of concrete. Will have to pick one up.

I did manage a whopping 230' of elevation change walking up and down the 40' sled hill in the park next to my house a few times. I'm worried that even with me doing the most exercise ever in preparation for an elk hunt that the mountains are still gonna kick my butt!

Is it possible to find a high school football stadium or something similar nearby to climb the steps with your loaded pack?

Not perfect, but it's better than walking flat ground.

Does moving a 950 pound Harley off it's kickstand throwing the right leg over 6-5 times a day count.

I'm in the gym with a trainer a few times a week to get my left side in sink with the right. Starting to come together.

I read someone said they wish there was a wrestling gym they could get into. Here's my trainer and owner of the gym. He partners with a Wrestling gym. It's nice that the gym is in the same building my shop is in. There just starting up and they get in world class wrestlers to teach classes.
Chase the owner is a hunter but just getting into bow hunting. Maybe one day if he gets me to a point I can traverse the mountians out that way I'll have his woodsman skills built up.

Attachments

• Screensho.jpg
    Screensho.jpg
    406.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back