Bowhunting advise

bdidaho

Having never hunted antelope before, any advise for a first timer with a bow? Is opening week the time to go or would it be better to wait a week or 2? My wife and I have bowhunted deer and elk here in Idaho but have never hunted out of state and would like to try antelope in Wyoming this year if we can draw. Any advise would be welcome.

My advise would be to spend the 1st day watching the antelope and their habits.Find the crawl unders they seem to use the most, and set up at them.Where I hunted, blinds seemed to be a waste of time.The antelope totally avoided them.When I go this year, it will be behind a moo cow decoy at a crawl under or well use waterhole; no blind
I go the 1st week because of my schedule.Some guys have alot of luck with antelope decoys in mid Sept during their rut.Can't help you there because I've never tried it.Antelope with a bow is very challenging/frustrating, but thats what makes it fun.Don't expect it to be as easy as you see on TV

Thanks for the tips. I never thought about a cow decoy. I did see the show where Randy used one. I'm sure we'll have one before we go. I use a blind for deer and elk here but I brush it in good.ike I said, I've never hunted antelope before so I appreciate the advise.

I'm sure all areas are a little different.This is what works where I go.Not much around the plains to brush in a blind with

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skywagon
Back