Bow site for old eyes

NativeIndian

Okay, I can't be the only person who hunts with contacts but due to needing reading glasses, my pins are blurry especially in low light. What do the rest of you use? I am trying to avoid a varifier because if it rains or snows then you have to worry about it getting on the varifier and seeing only a water droplet when you look through it. What does everyone else use for sites? Is the varifier the way to go? I elk and deer hunt with my bow.

Curvebow

Get a verifier and don't worry about it. I have used one for 4-5 years now and think I've only cleaned it 3 times. And, the 3 times were in my cellar, NEVER because of rain or snow. I too thought it would be a concern but it has proven to not be a concern. The times I cleaned it were just for normal dust and because I thought I should....

elkhnter

Had my verifier for 4-5 years also and zero issues with it. Never had to clean any of them. I’m running the housing without the hood and have noticed a glare when shooting in bright sunlight once in a while. Nothing bad, just the only issue I can think of.

beagle001

If you still don’t like the idea of a verifier, you may want to think about cutting back on number of pins, or go to a single pin like the HHA

BRI

I became a much better shooter when I went to a single sliding pin. Though don't forget to move the pin back to your "normal" yardage or you'll surely miss. 🤦‍♂️

Jmnhunter

I developed this issue a few years ago. I have the HHA single pin with 6' of fiber optic wrapped in teh housing. I went to two bowshops in town and when I told them my problem the one shop didnt really know anything about a verifier and the other shop told me to "dim" my pin. So I took a couple of the wife's hair scrunchies and wrapped them around the housing and it dimmed the pin down. I would still like to get a verifier though because at low light I still get that blurr

NativeIndian

I became a much better shooter when I went to a single sliding pin. Though don't forget to move the pin back to your "normal" yardage or you'll surely miss. 🤦‍♂️
Hah! Yeah I hunt whitetails with a single but for elk I like 4 pins. A lot thicker forest than the whitetail hardwoods I hunt. Can't see those elk as soon as I do the wt's.

dgc1963

IM 58 and went to a spot hog 2 pin sight ( 1 pin with 2 dots )to help with this my 4 pins were just to blurry the single pin with 2 glow dots helped me a lot
since its adjustable I use the top pin almost all the time