Quick question...
http://fwpiis.mt.gov/content/getItem.aspx?id=42208
• Electronic or battery-powered
devices attached to a hunting bow.

• A bow sight or arrow which uses
artifi cial light, luminous chemicals
such as tritium, or electronics.

s7_417091_imageset_01

Current bow does not have this... thus never had a concern... HOWEVER, I recently purchased a Fred Bear Strike RTH setup that has a decent sight on there... The sight has a battery powered small light meant to shine on the fiber optic range pins... This does not appear to comply with regulations... Is my assumption correct?
Wish I had thought about this when viewing the RTH setup...

Never had one of these - can this be unthreaded from the sight? Anyone have a sight of this sort?

Edit added... To wart off any "Sherlocks"... My work is away from home... Will not be home to handle the bow for another 12-15 days - thus the curiousity right now.

Last edited:
More than likely the sight light can be removed, not sure I've seen one that couldn't be. I don't work in Montana, but the way I read the law is that the sight with the light mounted would be illegal.

Correct assumption; in MT, can't have batteries/electronics as regs say. But usually those "spot lights" or fiber lights or whatever they are are removable/able to be unscrewed to comply.

Hmm. The Strike package I'm looking at doesn't have that site, and is a local place. They must swap them out for non electronic ones to sell in state's that they're illegal.

I'd sell the sight and stick a traditional one on it just to play it safe, personally.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back