Bow hunter fatally shot in San Juan National Forest

"In statements to investigators, Morosko said that he counted the antler tips, watched the bull elk for 20 seconds before firing, and does not shoot at movement or colors as the prosecution implied."

Yea soooo was there really a bull next to this bowhunter or did Morosko make that all up? Obviously it doesnt matter much in the end as he shot before identifying the target.

"In statements to investigators, Morosko said that he counted the antler tips, watched the bull elk for 20 seconds before firing, and does not shoot at movement or colors as the prosecution implied."

Yea soooo was there really a bull next to this bowhunter or did Morosko make that all up? Obviously it doesnt matter much in the end as he shot before identifying the target.
Sounds like BS to me. I mean, it's not impossible that there was a bull there and then there was a hunter there, but within 20 secs? Seems very unlikely that a bull would be standing still for him to count points and then all-of-a-sudden, the bow hunter was in that exact spot.

i mean, he may not have been lying that he "counted antler tips" and "watched the bull elk for 20 seconds before firing"

but it further proves his negligence and ineptitude, further proving he's guilty, IMO.

he may have truly believed he saw what he thought he saw, which makes him an even bigger idiot who rightly shouldn't be allowed to hunt ever again.

^^I think that his attorney coached him to say to make him look like slightly less of an asshat.

Either way, it isn't working for me. The guys is still an asshat.

That sentence is shameful.
Better than the plea bargain the judge rejected. Asshole kept making excuses, blaming everyone else: the hunter he shot and the state game department. He obviously had an idiot for a lawyer. Had he accepted his sole responsibility for the shooting from the get go, he probably would have skated without any jail time at all. Lack of accepting responsibility really pissed off the judge.

It was unclear to me if the conviction was a felony or misdemeanor. Article seems to say both.

It was unclear to me if the conviction was a felony or misdemeanor. Article seems to say both.
Criminally negligent homicide is a felony. Jail time plus supervised probation over a year, max sentence of three years. The misdemeanor was the careless hunting charge that led to a $500 fine. Convicted on both.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back