Caribou Gear Tarp

Border of NM and CO... gas/oil field?

STATOil would be another.
Taqa being in the Bakken doesn't mean that OPEC loves shale, if that's the point you were attempting to make?
My point still stands (it's a fact-not an opinion) that unless we cut our CONSUMPTION, cutting our production only finances jihad and human rights abuses.
Oil is an international commodity and shale oil is killing the oil cartel, albeit slowly.
Quatari money was used for a lot of anti fracking paranoia and propoganda.
The US gives foreign aid to nations to build their production capabilities while at the same time, our politically connected run organizations taking $ from these nations, and promote anti extraction policies on the Homefront. I could elaborate more but you get the point and could look all this up, if you were so inclined.

I don't disagree with any of that. It's not unlike Mexican drug cartels. It's supply and demand. We demand it, they supply it. I wouldn't doubt the Cartels (like Quatar), were secretly funding opposition to Colorado's MJ laws and similar efforts in other states.

The war on drugs has failed like a war on oil would fail. But legalizing it and making it cheaper and more available is not the answer either. Rather, making people pay the true cost is the only thing that will change behavior. True cost is more closely (though not adequately) reflected in fracking on private property.

As long as those who benefit get to externalize the costs of their activities on to someone (or something) else, they have no incentive to change. That flies in the face of capitalist, free-market principles. Society should only pay the costs if it knows what those costs are, willingly accepts them, and compensates those who didn't sign on while paying a disproportionate share. Especially when society owns the resource.

Sweeping the costs under the rug, or denying they exist with flashy PR, is a recipe for what we already have.

One new field is still burning after a fire started last week in storage tanks...........no safety,no wildlife,no biggie. Me,me,me.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back