Bobcat Hunting Outlawed in California

You must have misunderstood my post. My point is that they value a bobcat above a human life. Certainly not the way I believe,
Elkantlers, I totally understand your point and agree. Our country doesn’t value human life, although our various levels of government hypocritically pass legislation like “Save the Bobcat” in a useless attempt to feel morally and ethically sound. Apparently, a bobcat has more value than “undeveloped human plasma” in California.

Well that simplified my diet. All kidding aside, its not the farmers in Cali that I am worried about. I feel bad for those guys.

The irony here is someone like Newsom is happy to help the animal rights groups here, AND support the continued war on salmon from farmers through water diversions.

He's happy to his check writers. Noelle Cremers and Jennifer Fearing couldn't have more disparate constituencies....that both wield a lot of power in Sacramento.

They took away mountain lion hunting, now bobcats. One piece at a time. Pretty soon it will be mule deer or Roosevelt elk, or black bears. One at a time and no-one will notice. Pretty soon all game will be off the table. Where are the Wildlife officials working for game departments when this is going on. Why are they not fighting back with facts and evidence to support the biology of hunting and game management?

6mm, what evidence would that be for bobcats specifically? That they can be hunted w/o endangerment? Sure, I agree, but that's not the point, nor the motivation. The difficulty here is that there is no literature devoted to how bobcats will run a muck and destroy the environment if not hunted. The Management-through-hunting mantra really doesn't have much application here as I see it. I think you need to be more realistic, and, in this case, that is a very difficult, uphill battle.

There are other reasons to have hunting for bobcats than population control which isn't much of an issue with the cats. People who specifically hunt and trap bobcats provide some of the only data for wildlife biologists on the species and also specimens. People who harvest the animals might well be the first to notice disease or other threats to the population. There's not much demand for research on the species, tags and fur don't contribute to the economy much. I don't hunt or trap small predators, but I'm appreciative of those who do.

I just read today, that CA is also banning the sale and manufacturing of fur items by 2022.

If he had a conscious this would be an awkward moment, but he DGAF.

lieutenant-governor-gavin-newsom-and-wife-jennifer-siebel-newsom-the-picture-id627823088

Back