Caribou Gear Tarp

Blue Widow

mixedbag

Any of you guys use one?I'm about ready to buy a used one with the super duffle and butt bucket.Wanted to see what you guys thought of them first or Eberlestock packs in general

I used one last year on our antelope hunt and during a few deer hunts. Great pack.

I use the Dragonfly, which is just like the Blue Widow but with the built in rifle scabbard. My only complaints about the pack so far are that it is very heavy to start with (about 9 pounds, I think) and that my detachable fanny pack seems to hang pretty low when attached to the pack.

I haven't had a chance to haul meat in it yet and don't have the buttbucket or any duffles for it yet.

I use the Just 1... afriend got me a really nice deal on one. I like the scabbard but when I add the duffle I can't carry the pack with even half of what it can hold. Most guys on this site swear by the mystery ranch packs and use their packs way more than I do. If you plan on using your pack a ton I'd look into a mystery ranch pack.

Anyone get to see the new destroyer pack?Wondering which people thought was a better pack

I handled several Eberlestock packs last week and was underwhelmed by all of them. There are worse, but they'd be way down my list at that price point.

When I first read the headlines of this post, I thought "my god someone must of shot the President".:D:eek:

"Lord I apologize, and please feed the starving pygmies in New Guinea. Amen:W:

When I first read the headlines of this post, I thought "my god someone must of shot the President".:D:eek:

"Lord I apologize, and please feed the starving pygmies in New Guinea. Amen:W:

:eek::hump:

I love my Eberlestock pack I have hunted with the J104 and recently sold it and bought the J107. I looked at some of the MR packs photos and I see the same thing big open mixed up mess of gear , sorry guys but I like my stuff some what organized and able to find with out dumping it all out. There again packs are personal preference just like our bows and rifles , just cause some one else likes it don't mean you will. I got mine from Cabela's that way if any problems I could count on the customer service to refund or exchange with out hassle.

I am planning on ordering a Blue Widow this week. I would love a MR CC but cant find them at a price that I can afford plus I have this long torso so not too many have the right set up. The Destroyer is a bigger pack that handles weight better but does not compress down to a day pack as well as the Blue Widow. I am mostly going to be using it as a day pack for hunting deer in MN but also for some out west Bivy hunts where it will also double as a pack to haul meat out. Not ideal but about half the price of a MR CC which is the pack I would really like but just cant afford.

:eek::hump:

I love my Eberlestock pack I have hunted with the J104 and recently sold it and bought the J107. I looked at some of the MR packs photos and I see the same thing big open mixed up mess of gear , sorry guys but I like my stuff some what organized and able to find with out dumping it all out.

I picked up a J107 this year and after a few scouting trips and an antelope hunt I couldn't be happier.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sept7872
Back