Yeti GOBOX Collection

Blow up / air filled tents, who's got one?

Johnny Bravo

So does anyone have one of those air filled / blow up tents? Pros vs cons? I like the one that has solar on it, looked kinda cool to be able to charge things. If yes, how did it perform in winds like WY has? A wall tent for over 2K is ridiculous.

I have an Air Opus 4 and have had it since 2016. It is like a popup camper trailer, but the upper portion is an air tent. I can't speak to WY winds, but 30 mph sustained with 45 mph wasn't a problem. The biggest advantage we have realized with an air tent is that it stretches the fabric and you don't get that slap from the fabric. Even in high winds sleeping wasn't a problem.

If your doing a ground tent, make sure you have a good anchor system.

Another advantage is that one person can set the tent up without fighting poles.

I have an Air Opus 4 and have had it since 2016. It is like a popup camper trailer, but the upper portion is an air tent. I can't speak to WY winds, but 30 mph sustained with 45 mph wasn't a problem. The biggest advantage we have realized with an air tent is that it stretches the fabric and you don't get that slap from the fabric. Even in high winds sleeping wasn't a problem.

If your doing a ground tent, make sure you have a good anchor system.

Another advantage is that one person can set the tent up without fighting poles.
Looks cool, but yeah a bit expensive for me.

There are grounds tents with the same design as the Opus, but made by other manufacturers. It's something you would want to see in person. There are some good ones and some cheap ones that aren't. If you are checking one out check the material between the air poles for slack. You want it to be pulled tight by their inflation system.

There are grounds tents with the same design as the Opus, but made by other manufacturers. It's something you would want to see in person. There are some good ones and some cheap ones that aren't. If you are checking one out check the material between the air poles for slack. You want it to be pulled tight by their inflation system.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back